March 28, 2024, 03:34:31 pm

Show Your Stash!

Started by vealchop, November 18, 2006, 08:10:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Shumi Nagaremono

Quote from: L___E___T on July 08, 2014, 10:20:56 am
Yes, a fellow hardware fanatic - we'll get a long fine :)

Best part is the Holster set, as I'm sure you'll appreciate they're not easy to come by.

I jumped on this one like a live grenade.  It was the first one I ever saw in person and remains the only one at anything resembling a reasonable price.

What's your prized FC hardware piece?

Quote from: P on July 08, 2014, 06:25:03 am
Me too! :) Is that Robot collection complete?

The Robot and Gyro Set are complete.  The Block Set is missing the, er, set of blocks. 

I think the Robot/Gyro set-up looks better as far as display pieces go, so I'm not in any great hurry to hunt down the blocks.  Maybe if I come across a cheap one, somewhere down the line.

P

I agree that the Robot is more for show than usefulness, but he does look cool. My favourite useful hardware is the Disk System and the Keyboard. I would love to get the gun someday but it's a bit expensive so I just use a Zapper I got for cheap with a custom adapter for now.

It looks like you are missing more than the set of blocks. There's no box, manual or block set hands on the picture.

Shumi Nagaremono

Quote from: P on July 08, 2014, 03:54:27 pm
I agree that the Robot is more for show than usefulness, but he does look cool. My favourite useful hardware is the Disk System and the Keyboard. I would love to get the gun someday but it's a bit expensive so I just use a Zapper I got for cheap with a custom adapter for now.

It looks like you are missing more than the set of blocks. There's no box, manual or block set hands on the picture.

A lot of that stuff is in the Robot's box. 

P

Shumi Nagaremono

The Robot is one of my all time favorite pieces of Famicom hardware, even though it never worked properly.  It was also one of my best "pick-ups" of all time.  I got the Robot, the Gyro set, and the Block set, all boxed, complete, and in immaculate shape, at a resale shop called Hard-Off in Shingu (Fukuoka prefecture) for 5,000 yen. 

I made a review video talking about how much I loved the thing.  Then, when I was getting ready to move to Tokyo, I sold off a bunch of stuff (mostly doubles), the Robot set among them.  That was right around the time where the prices on the things started to go through the roof.  The first Robot I found in Akihabara was 20,000 yen. 

The set in the picture is missing the Gyro box, most of the paperwork, and the styro insert for the Robot (along with the blocks), but I'm just happy to have it back in my collection.  I'd *still* be looking for an affordable one if it weren't for a little toy store in Musashi-Shinjyo.  The owner tracked it down for me.  :)

/CSB

Bob-Bob

Man, you know what I would give to have one of those Famicom Light Guns?  :'(

(Please get your mind out of the gutter.  ::))

P

Quote from: Shumi Nagaremono on July 08, 2014, 05:32:49 pm
The Robot is one of my all time favorite pieces of Famicom hardware, even though it never worked properly.  It was also one of my best "pick-ups" of all time.  I got the Robot, the Gyro set, and the Block set, all boxed, complete, and in immaculate shape, at a resale shop called Hard-Off in Shingu (Fukuoka prefecture) for 5,000 yen. 

I made a review video talking about how much I loved the thing.  Then, when I was getting ready to move to Tokyo, I sold off a bunch of stuff (mostly doubles), the Robot set among them.  That was right around the time where the prices on the things started to go through the roof.  The first Robot I found in Akihabara was 20,000 yen. 

The set in the picture is missing the Gyro box, most of the paperwork, and the styro insert for the Robot (along with the blocks), but I'm just happy to have it back in my collection.  I'd *still* be looking for an affordable one if it weren't for a little toy store in Musashi-Shinjyo.  The owner tracked it down for me.  :)

/CSB

My Robot collection (all three sets CIB and very good shape) total was closer to 10,000 yen and I was lucky. I will never let it go. lol
Does your new Robot work properly btw?

Shumi Nagaremono

Quote from: P on July 09, 2014, 12:44:23 am

Does your new Robot work properly btw?

Allegedly.  My CRT TV also didn't make the move with me.  :(

L___E___T

Yes those are all good deals - I paid 10,000 Yen for my brand new Robot alone.

NIB Gyro was about 10,000 and the Block set NIB about 50,000 Yen.

To answer your question - my most coveted Famicom hardware is probably my boxed Taiwanese Famicom I got recently.  The most expensive, was my mint Famicom Station I got for 1000,000 Yen years back.  I lost control.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Shumi Nagaremono

Quote from: L___E___T on July 09, 2014, 03:48:08 am
Yes those are all good deals - I paid 10,000 Yen for my brand new Robot alone.

NIB Gyro was about 10,000 and the Block set NIB about 50,000 Yen.

To answer your question - my most coveted Famicom hardware is probably my boxed Taiwanese Famicom I got recently.  The most expensive, was my mint Famicom Station I got for 1000,000 Yen years back.  I lost control.

Wow!  That's amazing!  I don't think I've ever seen a Taiwanese Famicom, boxed or otherwise.  Are there any noticeable differences from the Japanese version?  Are the buttons square or round?   

L___E___T

Buttons are the same but the packaging and some small details are different.  This is only the second ever one I have seen online.  You can read all about it here:

http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=10636.0

I keep meaning to translate all the Hanji.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

fcgamer

July 10, 2014, 01:37:10 pm #581 Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 01:47:20 am by fcgamer
Edit.
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

L___E___T

July 10, 2014, 02:10:48 pm #582 Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 10:26:47 am by L___E___T
Nice hoard!   I don't have anywhere near that much space, so everything I have is either in storage or tucked away in nooks and crannies.  
I do have a gaming 'corner' but it's frightfully cramped.  I think I'll move soon to somewhere a bit larger though, fingers crossed.

Oh, the TW Fami has your name on it when the time comes, don't worry.  That and the HK and the Square Fami too if you wish, all boxed.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Shumi Nagaremono

Finally picked up the last Pulse Line game I was missing, so I snapped this pic to celebrate.  Gomokunarabe was surprisingly difficult to track down.  That, along with the Pulse Line Devil World gave me the most trouble.   

UglyJoe