March 29, 2024, 01:32:12 am

last beer you drink???

Started by hagai, July 03, 2011, 05:56:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fcgamer

July 03, 2014, 09:42:53 am #165 Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 07:35:26 am by fcgamer
Thinking about heading out to pick up a few wheat beers before settling in for the night.  Have something I need to finish typing for tomorrow, would prefer to finish it tonight than get up early tomorrow and do it.

Post Merge: July 04, 2014, 07:34:22 am

It was a terribly rough week, and I still need to go into work tomorrow morning (Saturday) to do a presentation before I am done for the week.  So I decided to have a few beers after getting off work at 21:15.  Now drinking a can of Tiger lager by a Singapore company, and gonna then raid the fridge for the two remaining cans of Bear beer, a so-so at best strong lager by a German company.

Post Merge: July 04, 2014, 07:35:26 am

On another note, I could really go for a Barleywine at the moment.  Does anyone here know this style of beer?  Maybe L___E___T or some of the other Brits might know it, but I doubt many others will.
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

L___E___T

Ha, I prefer beer that is light and doesn't taste of much, so I'm afraid I don't know it :)

Last beer I had was a Blue Mountain or something, a Japanese beer I had in Hong Kong.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Shumi Nagaremono

I'm currently enjoying a large can of SUNTORY 金麦.  As far as beer-ish liquor goes, it's heads and shoulders above the rest.  The perfect taste for a night of Donkey Kong 3.  :) 

fcgamer

Quote from: L___E___T on July 05, 2014, 06:38:36 am
Ha, I prefer beer that is light and doesn't taste of much, so I'm afraid I don't know it :)

We call that water ;)  I hate "weak" beers, and they always give me hangovers the day afterwards (and this is true, because these beers are filtered, and so the yeast residue, which can help stop hangovers, is stripped away as well).

I got paid today, so I am browsing websites and thinking of my next gaming purchase, while drinking a Bit Burger.  I love this beer, totally takes me back to my Germany days.

Shumi Nagaremono

This evening, I'm trying this new-ish beer from Sapporo called White Belg. 

fcgamer

Quote from: Shumi Nagaremono on July 09, 2014, 04:20:40 am
This evening, I'm trying this new-ish beer from Sapporo called White Belg. 

I like that style, how is that particular beer?  I always that Japan sucked at making beer, but then I had visited several Japanese brewery stands at a beer festival in Taipei, and had tasted some pretty good craft beer from Japan, among the crap. 

I don't have to work tomorrow until quite late in the afternoon, so I am drinking some beer and cleaning the apartment.  Now I am having a strong stout from one of the Danish breweries...not really my favorite, but at 8% alcohol it is acceptable if I want to have a merry time.

Shumi Nagaremono

The Belgi isn't *technically* beer.  It's a "beer flavored liquor", which just means that it was made in such a way as to avoid Japan's harsh taxes on beer. 

As far as hopposhu (the beer flavored liquors) drinks go, it's definitely one of the better ones.  Pour it in a nice beer glass, serve it at an appropriate temperature and it's pretty good. 

I wouldn't say that Japan makes shit beer, but pretty much all of the popular brews are *very* mediocre.  And at like 300 yen *per can* it's not really a good value. 

Kirin used to have a REALLY good Stout, but when it came back, the formula had changed.  Now it's undrinkable.  It's like three parts Guinness Extra Stout, one part yesterday's black coffee.  :( 

Tonight, I'm going with actual beer.  Typhoon's comin' and I don't need them to dig my body out of the wreckage surrounded by cheap fake beer.  I want 'em to dig me out of the ruins of my apartment,  EMPTY Asashi Super Dry can clutched in one hand, Dogbone controller in the other.  Yee-haw!

fcgamer

Quote from: Shumi Nagaremono on July 09, 2014, 09:20:24 pm
The Belgi isn't *technically* beer.  It's a "beer flavored liquor", which just means that it was made in such a way as to avoid Japan's harsh taxes on beer. 

As far as hopposhu (the beer flavored liquors) drinks go, it's definitely one of the better ones.  Pour it in a nice beer glass, serve it at an appropriate temperature and it's pretty good. 

I wouldn't say that Japan makes shit beer, but pretty much all of the popular brews are *very* mediocre.  And at like 300 yen *per can* it's not really a good value. 

Kirin used to have a REALLY good Stout, but when it came back, the formula had changed.  Now it's undrinkable.  It's like three parts Guinness Extra Stout, one part yesterday's black coffee.  :( 

Tonight, I'm going with actual beer.  Typhoon's comin' and I don't need them to dig my body out of the wreckage surrounded by cheap fake beer.  I want 'em to dig me out of the ruins of my apartment,  EMPTY Asashi Super Dry can clutched in one hand, Dogbone controller in the other.  Yee-haw!

I'm honestly not sure that I would consider Asashi Super Dry as being a good beer.  Asashi is actually one of the Japanese brands heavily imported in Japan, and aside from one or two, they all just taste like water to me; however, I am not one to criticize one's personal taste in brews, and am also one that never turns down free beer ;)  Whenever I make it to Japan, I want to go Famicom game hunting and maybe tour / visit some of the local breweries.  I know, I am so cultured when visiting foreign countries  ;D

I just ran out and came back, and am drinking a Bear Beer Strong Lager, which taps in at 7.7% alcohol.  By looking at the can, this one was made in Germany but by a subsidiary of the Danish Harboe brewery company.  Definitely not my favorite beer by a long shot, but there is a special going on in Taiwan, basically a tall four pack for $1.70 per can, or just shy of $7 total.  Considering the other options available and prices, this one offered the best bang for the buck, so that is what I grabbed.

Yay for not working mornings for Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays this July.   :)

P

Quote from: fcgamer on July 10, 2014, 11:02:49 am
I just ran out and came back, and am drinking a Bear Beer Strong Lager, which taps in at 7.7% alcohol. 

7% something beer is quite common in Sweden too. I don't like it though as it tastes mostly alcohol (of course after a number of beers it doesn't matter anymore).

UglyJoe

Someone got a bottle of Hitachino Nest White Ale for my wife since it has an owl on it.  She didn't like it very much (tastes too much like beer).  I enjoyed it, though (tasted like beer ;D).

fcgamer

For the new year I decided to make the infamous resolution again, of losing weight.  Oh, and an upcoming half marathon in March also made me realize that I need to do something about my weight situation, and as such, I greatly reduced my alcohol intake for about a week now.  Last night I was out with some friends though, and I had a Sam Adams Winter Lager on tap, before moving to a small local brewery and having one of their own brews, Ghosts in the Graveyard I think it is called.  Very yummy stuff. 

I think that this year I want to take up homebrewing again, as I am just missing the craft beer scene so much when I am away from the States.

jinshu

Westmalle tripel trappist, its good to live in Belgium.

fcgamer

Last beer I drank (well I am drinking it currently, while packing my bags) is a Mt. Roscoe Grape Lager, a flavored beer produced by Roscoe Brewery (my brothers and my old nanomicrobrewery, haha)

smeghead

Quote from: jinshu on January 05, 2015, 04:18:59 am
Westmalle tripel trappist, its good to live in Belgium.

Wow, this beer is awesome, i love those trappist beers... La Trappe is also nice, but here is so damn expensive ... 0,33 L bottle costs more than 5$!

Quote from: fcgamer on January 05, 2015, 05:59:25 pm
Last beer I drank (well I am drinking it currently, while packing my bags) is a Mt. Roscoe Grape Lager, a flavored beer produced by Roscoe Brewery (my brothers and my old nanomicrobrewery, haha)

:)
That sounds very interesting, i've never tried Grape Lagers and that's because i didn't seen it in any super-market.. ( btw im sick of those radlers with different flavours.. ugh. )

MaxXimus

Quote from: P on July 10, 2014, 02:32:25 pm
Quote from: fcgamer on July 10, 2014, 11:02:49 am
I just ran out and came back, and am drinking a Bear Beer Strong Lager, which taps in at 7.7% alcohol.  

7% something beer is quite common in Sweden too. I don't like it though as it tastes mostly alcohol (of course after a number of beers it doesn't matter anymore).

Faxe Royal. 8% beer. 500ml for $3.25. A very mild tasting STRONG beer.

This was after 5 cans of Budweiser 355ml. Needless to say I am a little buzzed.