Sharp Twin Famicom shows only blue screen on loading

Started by Alucard2113, October 09, 2019, 06:03:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Alucard2113

Hey Guys

I have a sharp twin famicom that only shows a blue screen when there is no cartridge inside and when I attempt to put a cartridge inside works perfectly fine.
but when i switch it to the famicom disk side it shows nothing at all. just a blue screen no loading a disk or anything what could be up. Also just to add
insult to in jury when i play famicom games they load but they seem kinda fast? any help would be appreciated  ;D

boye

I believe the first problem may be caused by a poor connection to the 2C33. Try reflowing it. I don't know what you mean by famicom games seeming "kinda fast".
Can't find the FDSLoadr PC program? Get it here. It took me way too long to find.

Alucard2113

Thank you so much for your response. When I get out of work today I will check out the chip and see about reflowing it. What I meant that it seems kinda fast. When I was playing the Legend of Zelda 2 cartridge on the console it feels like it was a little faster than a normal Nintendo maybe its just me since the sharp twin famicom is not meant to be in the U,S, Anyway. Thank you for your suggestion and I will keep you posted

boye

Can't find the FDSLoadr PC program? Get it here. It took me way too long to find.

P

Famicom and NTSC NES should behave identically. Only PAL NES runs slower.

Alucard2113

Looks like the 2C33 is solder pretty well to the board but I can see some ceramic capacitor look a little white on the board right need the cartridge slots could that be a problem

boye