Famicom not work

Started by Sergeys15, November 08, 2019, 07:24:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sergeys15

Hello!
In the process of finding a way to reduce vertical stripes on Famicom touched on working
prefix with a capacitor 225 to the contacts of the capacitor of the 103rd C11 (next to U1 CXK5816SPS-15L).
Now Famicom does not turn on. Quartz changed, did not help. No image and sound.
When you click on the reset, a rumble is heard on the TV. PPU and CPU are warm when turned on.
I guess RAM burned out.
How can you determine what exactly burned out?
Thank

FAMICOM_87

Did you already made AV mod?

Sergeys15

November 11, 2019, 05:03:43 pm #2 Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 05:18:05 pm by Sergeys15
Yes, i did

FAMICOM_87

and it was working OK right? I did not understand where you actually put wrong this cap for jail-bars reducing and did you removed it after the fail ?  , you should put it between positive + from the PPU and closest ground - near bay . Also a video may be helpful  :)
try to remove all you work and back the console to the factory state , then just  touch the video center pin  RCI jack to  the video output from the ribbon cable, or directly to the pin 21 from the PPU to see do you have even week picture ,you have to be ground connected as well , you can just leave the RF gable in the console and the TV to serve like ground wire for the experiment

Sergeys15

First made a AV mod. Then cleaned jail bars