"Numbered" Namcot games

Started by Shumi Nagaremono, January 14, 2015, 08:15:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Shumi Nagaremono

You know those early Namcot releases for the Famicom?  The ones that were numbered?  I think Galaxian was 01, Pac-Man was 02, Galaga, Dig Dug, and Pac-Land were in there somewhere. 

Does anybody have a list of what games were released in that line?  It's a set I'd like to complete and review in the near future, but I have come up empty when searching for a definative list. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

maxellnormalbias

Wow, that's interesting. Reminds me of the really early Atari 2600 launch titles.

BonBon

I'm also a big fan of numbered carts. I own all the irem carts which are numbered except for metal storm although I do have it for nes. I know namcot stopped numbering them after some time. Give me a little while to go through my collection maybe I can find out where they stopped. For now here is a link with the first 10.
http://famicomworld.com/workshop/articles/the-holy-grails/holy-grails-other-prizes/

Shumi Nagaremono

January 14, 2015, 09:34:30 pm #3 Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 12:56:49 am by Shumi Nagaremono
Quote from: Jay-ray on January 14, 2015, 09:15:29 pm
I'm also a big fan of numbered carts. I own all the irem carts which are numbered except for metal storm although I do have it for nes. I know namcot stopped numbering them after some time. Give me a little while to go through my collection maybe I can find out where they stopped. For now here is a link with the first 10.
http://famicomworld.com/workshop/articles/the-holy-grails/holy-grails-other-prizes/

Thanks! 

Are there other numbered cart sets for the Famicom? 

Post Merge: January 15, 2015, 12:56:49 am

Thanks again!  Knowing the titles I was after, I put a nice little dent in the set on my way home from work.

Looks like Battle City is going to be the title I can't find cheap.

Shumi Nagaremono

Quote from: UglyJoe on January 15, 2015, 02:53:52 am
There's 18 of them: http://famicomblog.blogspot.com/2014/03/collecting-goal-for-2014-finish-my-cib.html

Thank you!

I somehow didn't know that Burger Time was one of them.  It's a game that has slipped through my fingers for goofy reasons more times than I care to remember.  But now?  It will be mine...oh yes...it will be mine.  

Looks like I only need five more to have the full set.  Battle City, Burger Time, Dig Dug II, Babel, and Sky Kid,  Shouldn't be too tough.     

senseiman

The early Taito games (Sky Destroyer, Gyrodine, Elevator Action, Front Line, etc) are also numbered like that and are pretty cool to collect (especially CIB since their boxes are pretty nice too), but I think the Namco ones are the coolest.

Shumi Nagaremono

Quote from: senseiman on January 15, 2015, 05:22:08 pm
The early Taito games (Sky Destroyer, Gyrodine, Elevator Action, Front Line, etc) are also numbered like that and are pretty cool to collect (especially CIB since their boxes are pretty nice too), but I think the Namco ones are the coolest.

Those Namco titles are like the exact reverse of the Pulse Line games.  I don't think that those boxes are anything special, but the *carts* make for a nice collection. 

I completely forgot about the Taito stuff.  That'll make for a nice target once I finish up all the Namcot carts.

Speaking of numbers...  After adding nine Namco(t) carts I picked up after work to my spreadsheet, I found that I'm at 198 unique titles.  I need to think of something good for number 200.  I don't think any of the remaining Namco titles are gonna cut it.  Thinking maybe Super Contra or Ducktales 2.   

senseiman

Really?  I love the Namco boxes (the cardboard ones at least, the plastic ones they used later I don`t care much for).

Super Contra or Duck Tales 2 would definitely make for a decent cart #200!  Congrats on that milestone  (once you reach it) :redcart:

maxellnormalbias

198 unique titles.........Nagaremono-san, are you sure you don't own a specific...multicart?  (just kidding)

Anyways, I think that I'd like to collect all the pulse line games, for instance, but for me it's probably unfeasible. I like the idea of having all the games in a numbered series.

Shumi Nagaremono

January 16, 2015, 05:12:41 pm #10 Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 11:11:10 pm by Shumi Nagaremono
Quote from: senseiman on January 16, 2015, 03:54:17 pm
Really?  I love the Namco boxes (the cardboard ones at least, the plastic ones they used later I don`t care much for).

Super Contra or Duck Tales 2 would definitely make for a decent cart #200!  Congrats on that milestone  (once you reach it) :redcart:

Sorry.  I was unclear.  The Namcot boxes look great.  Nintendo's Pulse Line cart boxes, though, I think look less cool as a set than the loose carts.

I'm in Hakata for a wedding this weekend.  Maybe our favorite Book-Off will have something #200 worthy.  :)

Post Merge: January 16, 2015, 11:11:10 pm

Quote from: maxellnormalbias on January 16, 2015, 04:10:10 pm
198 unique titles.........Nagaremono-san, are you sure you don't own a specific...multicart?  (just kidding)

Anyways, I think that I'd like to collect all the pulse line games, for instance, but for me it's probably unfeasible. I like the idea of having all the games in a numbered series.

That would have saved me sooooo much time, effort, and money...

senseiman

Quote from: Shumi Nagaremono on January 16, 2015, 05:12:41 pm

I'm in Hakata for a wedding this weekend.  Maybe our favorite Book-Off will have something #200 worthy.  :)

If they still have that 1550 yen Devil World or 950 yen 4 Nin Uchi Mahjong, one of those would make a great #200.

Shumi Nagaremono

Quote from: senseiman on January 17, 2015, 01:32:30 am
Quote from: Shumi Nagaremono on January 16, 2015, 05:12:41 pm

If they still have that 1550 yen Devil World or 950 yen 4 Nin Uchi Mahjong, one of those would make a great #200.

Even if just for the story.  ;)

Shumi Nagaremono

In the past, this kind of "quest" would have taken me months, if not years.  "Thanks" to working in Akiba, I'm finished already.  :( 

:) , but :(

Shintetsuken

This is quite the necro-post, but this is one of the top results for Google, so I thought I'd share my research here just in case anyone else is curious, too:

With the Namcot Collection being released for current-gen, the demake of Pac-Man Championship Edition is listed as cart #84 :redcart: I went through all of Namcot's releases for the Famicom, and...I found that there were exactly 83.

Galaxian
Pac-Man
Xevious
Mappy
Galaga
Dig Dug
Tower of Druaga
Warpman
Battle City
Pac Land
Burger Time
Star Luster
Tag Team Pro Wrestling
Dig Dug II
Super Chinese
Babel
Valkyrie no Bouken
Sky Kid
Super Xevious: GAMP no Nazo
Mappy-Land
Pro Yakyu Family Stadium
Metro-Cross
Dragon Buster
Sanma no Meitantei
Family Jockey
Family Boxing
Dragon Slayer IV/Legacy of the Wizard
Family Mahjong
Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Story
Side Pocket
Lupin the Third: Inheritance of Pandora
Jikuu Yuuden Debias
Star Wars
Family Tennis
Karnov
Pro Yakyuu Stadium '87
Family Circuit
 独眼竜政宗 (Dokuganryuu Masamune)
Namco Classic
Yokai Dochuki
The Quest of Ki
三国志 中原の覇者 (Sangokushi - Chuugen no Hasha)
Final Lap
えりかとさとるの夢冒険 (Erika to Satoru no Yume Bouken)
源平討魔伝 コンピュータ ボード ゲーム (Genpei Touma Den)
 貝獣物語 (Kaijuu Monogatari)
Family Mahjong II: Shanghai e no Michi
King of Kings
Pro Yakyuu Family Stadium '88
Pro Yakyuu Family Stadium '89
Wagyan Land
ハイドライド3 闇からの訪問者 (Hydlide 3)
早打ちスーパー囲碁 (Hayauchi Super Igo)
Rolling Thunder
Family Pinball
Dragon Spirit: Aratanaru Densetsu