Gameplay slowdown on Coolbaby RS-37 famiclone

Started by famulator76, May 20, 2021, 08:56:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FAMICOM_87

Show us pics. And check the A V are they connected curectly. Also x-tal is it the curect value?

FAMICOM_87

are you sure that audio and video cables are cables are fixed correct, and are not swapped .  Also what is the frequency of the new X-Tal ? Share some photos. Try to reverence that and this time do not solder the pads just short them out with something to try first.

famulator76

The xtal's frequency is 21.47727. My understanding is that xtals don't have polarity so I believe I correctly inserted it.

The pads are very close together. It's going to be tricky to short them without soldering. Don't laugh at my soldering job; it's my first time.  ;D

I don't think my audio and video wires are swapped. I compared what I did to the pictures I took when the ribbon cable was intact.

FAMICOM_87

June 16, 2021, 04:05:58 pm #18 Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 04:16:17 pm by FAMICOM_87
yes the oscillator have no orientation ans the frequency is right.
I probably should train on some junk PCBs with soldering before attempt to do the MOD. I am sorry to say this, but you may be probably destroyed this NOAC  :'(
They are very fragile and can not take much heat for long times.Those  tiny pads and traces and IC's are very delicate.
Try to remove this from the pads with some flux.

famulator76

I knew the risks when I attempted the mod.  ;D

I'll experiment a bit. Perhaps I can revive it. Thanks for all your guidance.