Started by JC, September 19, 2007, 09:20:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeep Liberty Video Game King

i'd also like some game genie codes for jordan vs. bird for nes please

wilykat

Zelda II
Skip to lass boss in Great Palace
EIXATNGE
Go down first elevator, go right, shadow Link next screen, you get shadow Link. No annoying great boss that needs Thunder spell first.

i need some game genie codes for roger rabbit for NES, i am looking for one for infinite items

Infinite Health vs Judge Doom is an NES game genie code i need along with infinite items, etc. please

HippyJ3

Sorry for reviving an old thread, I'm looking for codes for Rockman 1 to 6 that can let me jump in midair and walk on spikes, I've been searching in several japanese sites for these cheats but there's nothing available anywhere, found some invincibility codes on the previous pages here which could not be found on any cheating site, so I'm trying my luck here, hoping the codes I mentioned above could be added as well, thanks a million!     

UglyJoe

Quote from: HippyJ3 on January 06, 2022, 07:51:59 amSorry for reviving an old thread, I'm looking for codes for Rockman 1 to 6 that can let me jump in midair and walk on spikes, I've been searching in several japanese sites for these cheats but there's nothing available anywhere, found some invincibility codes on the previous pages here which could not be found on any cheating site, so I'm trying my luck here, hoping the codes I mentioned above could be added as well, thanks a million!   

I tried to get the air-jump thing working but I'm not sure it's possible just using game genie codes. If it is, I'm pretty sure it would cause lots of game-breaking bugs.  Sorry ;D

If there are any jumping-related codes (or others) for the Megaman games, I can port them to Rockman games.  Just let me know.

As far as the spikes go, do the invincibility codes posted here not work with spikes?  If not, can you tell which game and which level it doesn't work on?

HippyJ3

Quote from: UglyJoe on January 08, 2022, 04:36:45 pmI tried to get the air-jump thing working but I'm not sure it's possible just using game genie codes. If it is, I'm pretty sure it would cause lots of game-breaking bugs.  Sorry ;D

If there are any jumping-related codes (or others) for the Megaman games, I can port them to Rockman games.  Just let me know.

As far as the spikes go, do the invincibility codes posted here not work with spikes?  If not, can you tell which game and which level it doesn't work on?

The jumping in midair and walk on spikes game genie codes I found somewhere several years ago does work on all Megaman versions, just want them to work on rockman versions, the codes for the invincibility and spike invincibility are separate invincibility codes I'm afraid. The invincibility codes found on the previous pages only works on enemies and projectiles but not on spikes. 

Here are the codes I've used for all Megaman games (100% Working on US Versions) if they can be converted for Rockmans 1 to 6 that would be groundbreaking as those codes cannot be found anywhere as of yet.

Jump Midair

Megaman
PANOGIIE
EPNOLIEY

Megaman 2
AXEAUUSZ
VEEAKLEX
SEEASLGA

Megaman 3
TUOKUIYA
VKUGOIES
GZUKOTEP

Megaman 4
AUNELEEG
OAEEYPXA
GZUALPEP

Megaman 5
SAKATAIO
EAVEZAXA
GXOAAAEP

Megaman 6
XPEEGOUO
XTEEIOEE
SIEEYOYA

Walk on Spikes

Megaman
PAKKOILA

Megaman 2
ZEUEUGLA

Megaman 3
SXKGUZSA

Megaman 4
AIEEYAEI

Megaman 5
SAKEZAIA

Megaman 6
OXEEOZSX

Thanks in advance, mate!

UglyJoe

Quote from: HippyJ3 on January 08, 2022, 10:04:59 pmHere are the codes I've used for all Megaman games (100% Working on US Versions) if they can be converted for Rockmans 1 to 6 that would be groundbreaking as those codes cannot be found anywhere as of yet.

Jump Midair

Megaman
PANOGIIE
EPNOLIEY

Megaman 2
AXEAUUSZ
VEEAKLEX
SEEASLGA

Megaman 3
TUOKUIYA
VKUGOIES
GZUKOTEP

Megaman 4
AUNELEEG
OAEEYPXA
GZUALPEP

Megaman 5
SAKATAIO
EAVEZAXA
GXOAAAEP

Megaman 6
XPEEGOUO
XTEEIOEE
SIEEYOYA

With the exception of Rockman 3, all of these codes work on their Rockman counterparts without any changes :-[

For Rockman 3, you can use these (they work the same way, just shifting the addresses around to match up with the ROM changes):

ZUOKUILA
VKUGOIES
GZUGSTEP

These definitely cause some issues (in Rockman 3, at least), but the game is still playable.  It makes you jump much farther and faster forward than standard jumping.  You also never enter the jumping animation, so you kind of just stand in the air.  Gets glitchy on ladders, as well.  It works by essentially never putting Rockman into a "jumping" state (or, more accurately, tells it to treat the jumping state like the "on the ground" state).  Aside from the changes to the jumping physics, it also means you cannot use Top-man's power, as you have to be jumping to do that, but these codes skip that game logic altogether.

That said, the codes make the game pretty different.  I felt like I was playing a Rockman/Flappy-Bird mashup ;D

I'll take a look at those spike-death codes later (but do try them out on the Rockman games as-is, since some of them might work already).

HippyJ3

January 09, 2022, 10:07:13 pm #293 Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 06:07:08 am by HippyJ3
Quote from: UglyJoe on January 09, 2022, 12:32:14 pmWith the exception of Rockman 3, all of these codes work on their Rockman counterparts without any changes :-[

For Rockman 3, you can use these (they work the same way, just shifting the addresses around to match up with the ROM changes):

ZUOKUILA
VKUGOIES
GZUGSTEP

These definitely cause some issues (in Rockman 3, at least), but the game is still playable.  It makes you jump much farther and faster forward than standard jumping.  You also never enter the jumping animation, so you kind of just stand in the air.  Gets glitchy on ladders, as well.  It works by essentially never putting Rockman into a "jumping" state (or, more accurately, tells it to treat the jumping state like the "on the ground" state).  Aside from the changes to the jumping physics, it also means you cannot use Top-man's power, as you have to be jumping to do that, but these codes skip that game logic altogether.

That said, the codes make the game pretty different.  I felt like I was playing a Rockman/Flappy-Bird mashup ;D

I'll take a look at those spike-death codes later (but do try them out on the Rockman games as-is, since some of them might work already).

Thanks for the help, really appreciate it! I never tried the codes on the japanese versions before, thinking it might not work since it's a different game region, I'll post the results on a later time once I tried the codes!

Edit: After testing the codes, the one you provided for Rockman 3 really did the trick, when I tried the midair jump code from Megaman 3 to Rockman 3 the game instantly freezes the moment I jumped, the only problem left is the spike invincibilty code for Rockman 2 which is ZEUEUGLA, when I tried the code it introduces a bug where Rockman instantly dies the moment you grab a ladder, and the one hit enemy/boss code for Rockman 5 - AEUAZOIZ, which actually works fine on Megaman 5 but doesn't work on it's Rockman 5 counterpart.

UglyJoe

Quote from: HippyJ3 on January 09, 2022, 10:07:13 pmEdit: After testing the codes, the one you provided for Rockman 3 really did the trick, when I tried the midair jump code from Megaman 3 to Rockman 3 the game instantly freezes the moment I jumped, the only problem left is the spike invincibilty code for Rockman 2 which is ZEUEUGLA, when I tried the code it introduces a bug where Rockman instantly dies the moment you grab a ladder, and the one hit enemy/boss code for Rockman 5 - AEUAZOIZ, which actually works fine on Megaman 5 but doesn't work on it's Rockman 5 counterpart.

Oh yeah, that code seems buggy.  I think what it was doing is changing the logic from "if spikes then instant death" to "if ladders then instant death".  I mean, technically it does stop spikes from killing you :-[.  Still, it was useful for pointing me to that instant death logic.

Try this one instead:

Rockman 2 / Mega Man 2
OXUEXKOK - walk on spikes (and still climb ladders)

I'll take a look at that Rockman 5 code later.

i still need help finding game genie codes for roger rabbit for the nes

INFINITE ITEMS
INVINCIBILITY AGAINST DOOM

UglyJoe

Quote from: HippyJ3 on January 09, 2022, 10:07:13 pmand the one hit enemy/boss code for Rockman 5 - AEUAZOIZ, which actually works fine on Megaman 5 but doesn't work on it's Rockman 5 counterpart.

This one is working for me in both Megaman 5 and Rockman 5  ???

UglyJoe

Quote from: Jeep Liberty Video Game King on January 10, 2022, 08:16:01 pmi still need help finding game genie codes for roger rabbit for the nes

INFINITE ITEMS
INVINCIBILITY AGAINST DOOM

You'll need to use a password to actually get the items in your inventory, but with this code you won't run out of them:

Don't lose items after you use them:
AEUAZOIZ

Not sure about the invincibility one, since I don't care to play the game long enough to get to the end (even while cheating!).  There are infinite lives / continues codes on the Internet already, though.

HippyJ3

Quote from: UglyJoe on January 12, 2022, 07:14:36 pmThis one is working for me in both Megaman 5 and Rockman 5  ???

That's strange, but you're right, I also tried it and the code really does work on a clean japanese version. A few days back I only tested the code on the "Rockman 5 Metropolis" ROM Hack, looks like the hack affected the game genie code address in some way that renders the code useless, guess I'll just have to play the ROM Hack without that one hit death code. Thank you for all the help Uglyjoe! Now I can play most (if not all) of the rom hacks up to the end exclusively compatible for all the Rockman NES ports.   

P

Quote from: UglyJoe on January 09, 2022, 12:32:14 pmit also means you cannot use Top-man's power, as you have to be jumping to do that, but these codes skip that game logic altogether.
I guess it's not possible to complete the game in that case.