TheSSNintendo

Quote from: FamicomJL on August 24, 2006, 02:44:58 pm
Ladies and gentleman, my BIG FIND!

For only $40...

You can all envy me now. :)

And what game would this be?

Doc

JC

You'll have to tell us all how easy it is to play without knowing Japanese -- Famicom RPGs are bitches. I presume you'll use a guide of some sort.

Doc

You bet I will! I pretty much have to...I hope there IS a guide out there...

JC

Hell, write the guide yourself!

Doc

Quote from: JC on August 25, 2006, 09:59:49 pm
Hell, write the guide yourself!

I'd love to...If I was any good at that.

JC

August 28, 2006, 01:59:13 pm #21 Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 04:29:09 pm by JC
Can anyone identify this find. The music is exactly and sound effects is exactly like NES Kung Fu Heroes:

[Removed]

Doc

JC

Flying Warriors isn't in any of the lists I know. Perhaps it goes by another name?

JC

August 29, 2006, 08:33:07 pm #24 Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 04:29:36 pm by JC
Oh this is just too good! I told you all I bought one of those cheap controller/systems. Well, I got it today!

What you're looking at is the N64-type controller. This is not just a controller. It's also the console -- LOL. I kid you not. See how I have the AV cords plugged into it. And the AC adaptor, too. That blue square blur is the on/off button. The middle part is where you can plug in the pistol and other controller (weird shape) that came with it.

[Removed]

Flip the controller over and that's where you insert the Famicom games. I haven't tried that out yet, but wow. I wonder if the carts will even stay in there while you play, since they'll be hanging upsidedown.

[Removed]

The best part: the controller comes with built in games! I haven't counted the number of different games (it was sold to me as 13 different games), but if you scroll to the end of the games list, the makers of this sick console actually listed over 76,000 name variations of the same 13 or so games!

Holy shit, right! --- it's got Contra!

Doc

Quote from: JC on August 29, 2006, 07:52:25 pm
Flying Warriors isn't in any of the lists I know. Perhaps it goes by another name?

Hiryu no Ken II

JC

August 31, 2006, 05:16:39 pm #26 Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 08:27:12 pm by JC
Just bought this from our favorite Russian-pirate Famicom selling Texan:

[Removed]

Yes that is, as listed, Mortal Kombat 3 and Power Rangers 4.

Doc

WHOA!!!! Add to the site :D.

JC

JC

Is it really good? No. Is it good? Yes. The gameplay is simple, probably because it had to be made 8-bit. It's kind of like your typical fighter, where it's you vs. some enemy dude. Only it's not just you vs. the enemy dude. First you have to fight off a bunch of goons, and then, once you've killed like ten of them, you fight the boss dude. But it all takes place on one screen, with limited sidescrolling. It's cool.