Fist of the North Star 1 Famicom

Started by satoshi_matrix, May 09, 2007, 02:25:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

satoshi_matrix

I saw this game at a local import shop for the ghastly price of $29.99 loose, and asked the owner about it. He seemed to think highly of it. Not quite sure if he was telling the truth or simply trying to sell it, my intrist stayed open.

I recently bought it off kite200 along with some others, and man its a lot better than I was expecting. What do you guys think of it? How are the sequals?

FamicomFreak

I played the games and they are pretty fun. I like how you punch the badguy and they break in half the gore!!!!! The sequels improve the game somewhat instead of making it go like forever although it's not in the first part. I remember seeing this fist of the north star game that was RPG not sure for what system tough I can barely remember it. Well hope that helps.
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

satoshi_matrix

I like how random this game is. You blow people apart, you can jump 50 feet in the air, there are random pink knives flying around, and I'm not quite sure if I should be going left or right. Awesome.

FamicomFreak

Quote from: satoshi_matrix on May 09, 2007, 07:28:44 pm
I like how random this game is. You blow people apart, you can jump 50 feet in the air, there are random pink knives flying around, and I'm not quite sure if I should be going left or right. Awesome.

lol yeah I played that game for months and months and then finally discovered that I could go in the doors.
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

PrinceDragon

When I was a child, I got the bad luck of test that game. Is really funny how the graphics are so awful and the action is so ridiculous  ;D. The Genesis version is better, although the text is in "Engrish". The game is completely different, anyways.

vealchop

the name was changed for the genesis version right? wasn't it called "Last Battle" or something?
-chop

PrinceDragon

Right. That version is censored and has the funniest English ever seen, like: "I want to be a hero" and "Finally you behave as a man" when the situation was totally unrelated to hat they were saying.

featherplucknfilms

Parts 3 and 4 for the Famicom are RPG's.

satoshi_matrix

djdac

how much does the cart go for? i saw one in a shop where i live for $10

satoshi_matrix

I think it depends. As I said, I saw this game at a local import shop for the ghastly price of $29.99 loose.