Show Your Stash!: Classic Portables (Game & Watch, Gameboy, GBC, GBA) Edition!

Started by Russam5354, February 26, 2014, 06:59:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxXimus

Really jealous.  Im a huge bemani fan. I just got DDR  disney for the jN64 in the mail yesterday. Do you have all gbc versions of DDR?

I used to have a CIB popn music for gbc.

fredJ

Quote from: L___E___T on March 10, 2014, 10:43:59 am
FredJ I've seen your GB case before - you have one of those yellow translucent GB Lights, right?  It was a very nice collection!

Thanks, yes I have several GBL.  ;D http://japanspel.blogspot.se/2013/03/my-game-boy-lights.html
Plus 300 boxed japanese GB games and lots of loose ones.
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

wholesalewatch648

I am a big Nintendo fan! especially GameBoy, N64, SFC, GC. And of course Mario games
I collect SFC/N64 mainly. Some rare famicom stuff too. Also miscellaneous video game stuff.

nurd

MaxXimus

Yelir

For those who have the GB DDR titles, is the music better quality with headphones? I checked out a YouTube video when I first heard of these ports, but the music sounded really bad and that's my deciding factor to pass on these titles for my import collection. Also, what is the quality like of the DDR attachment?

nurd

the sound quality is... not great

here's a video i took of playing one song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pDkXscrAlo

its more of an interesting item to have for the novelty of the pad attachment than to actually play it more than a few times

each buttons a little bit different. i think i remember the pink buttons being better than the blue ones. theyre a lil clicky and feel wobbly.

i'm thinkin a selling it, i got bored of it pretty quickly

Profeta Yoshitake

Congrats, guys! Your collections are very nice!
My GB/GBC/GBA library is all scattered at my house heuae
I'll try to photograph some items to share with you guys sooner or later!
I love the Game Boy family, and Game & Watch was one of my earliest gaming experiences! :'(
One day I shall get at least one GB Memory Cassette also!  ;D
Now Playing: Dragon Ball Fusions, Yggdra Union

security16

I think I just creamed my pantaloons looking at all these. I also have the urge to now catalogue and photograph my collections.

nurd

i just finished putting the sp frontlight in one of my gbcs :v

i cut down the lens so it can fit vertically, so you dont get those weird lines if you look at it from an angle (i also didnt want that little extra bit at the bottom when i put it back in a clear shell, eventually)

Ended up touching the lens a few times (oops) but im satisfied with it

mario_bro2065

My first EVER gaming system was the Game Boy. Even though I got it 20 years after it was released. When I was a pre-teen. I did it because I wanted something to kill time on and I heard it was a good console even though it was old. So I bought one for $40 off ebay and Pokemon Yellow and I was a retro gamer ever since. So obviously I have a lot of Gameboy stuff.

its a bit blurry. but some of the more notable things I have are

Mother 3 English Repro cart.
Gameboy Camera
Gameshark and Game Genie
Pokemon Green and Red JP (I lost Yellow JP. But I still have my English copy.)
Etc.

I actually couldn't find my original Gameboy, 2 Advances or my Pocket. But if I find them I will definently upload a pic. And I also have a clone console that plays 89 built in famicom games but it is designed like a Gameboy micro. But I didn't know if that counted.  ;D

Profeta Yoshitake

Hi there!
Here goes my stash.
i took a lot of photos trying to cover all the stuff in detail, but my horrible skills destroyed my intent.

The first three pics show my "boxed consoles". My skeleton GBPocket lives at an official GBPocket case (poor little thing), my GBA SP Brighter (a chinese "iQue" version) lives at a case handcrafted by my wife an goes out with me everytime, everywhere. My beloved GBA SP NES Classic lives at its original home and will stay there until it receives a 101 transplant.

Below, the accessories.
First, a GBA > SNES cartdridge adapter, an GBA > GC controller adapter that came with Nintendo Puzzle Collection [GC], a Brazilian GBA game link cable and the most necessary acessories of all: the damned earphone adapter...
Second, a US CIB Super Game Boy, a CIB Super Game Boy 2, a SGB Commander by Hori, a JP GBPocket link cable, a GB Classic/Color game link cable and a pen-like GBPocket rechargeable battery/charger/AC adapter.
Third, PocketCamera and PocketPrinter, Power Pak rechargeable battery/charger/AC adapter for GB Color, Light Boy Pocket/Color, Brazilian GB Classic 4 players adapter and US classic cleaning kit.

Below, my boxed GBA games.
To the left, my seven US games, to the right, my five JP games.

Below, my boxed GBColor games.
First, Brazilian games, second, US games and third, JP games. I just love the "drops" design by Hudson.

Here, a backside detail of two Brazilian games:

Below, my boxed GB Classic games.
First, the Brazilian games, second, the US games and third, the JP games.

Now, for the loose carts...
First, all of my GBA games I actually found  :-[. Warioware Twisted is a great game. Supercard SD is a flashcart and the Nichelodeon cart has some silly videos. Harmony of Dissonance is my only pirate.
Second, all my loose GBColor carts. US to the left, JP to the right.

Below, my JP classic carts.
The first column of the first photo are pirate carts: Zen Intergalactic Ninja and two multicarts.

Here, my US loose classic carts (except for the Brazilian Tetris Attack) and my classic/color carts.

The last shot is the last minute update with the two GBA late findings:

Sorry for the lack of quality, guys!  :-[

EDIT: Oh! I almost forgot the shot of the other consoles!
They are a GB Color, another GB Pocket, a GBA SP AGS001 and my iQue.
Now Playing: Dragon Ball Fusions, Yggdra Union

nintendodork

Next time I'm home I'll have to get all my stuff together and make a contribution to this thread. I have a ton* of various portable stuff in a bunch of different places. Some of my favorites I took with me to college even though they don't get much use. I just like looking at them. I have a Famicom GB Micro as well, but that Player 2 faceplate is really neat! I wish NA Club Nintendo ever did stuff like that.

Very cool collections guys, all of you.

*Not relative to this thread, just to what I consider way too much stuff
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat