For Nintendo fans, is a Wii U a failure in your opinion?

Started by FamicomRetroGamer, March 22, 2014, 11:05:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Profeta Yoshitake

Oh my god!
About Sonic deserving a casket full of rusty rings, take a look on this screenshot:

This new DLC might come as a surprise, but Nintendo President Satoru Iwata teased it during a video presentation last December. Combined with the previous Yoshi's Island Zone, Sega has provided an alternative to avoid repetitive grinding and acquire additional lives in Sonic Lost World. The Legend of Zelda Zone is only available for Wii U.

More here.
Now Playing: Dragon Ball Fusions, Yggdra Union

FamicomRetroGamer

Quote from: Russam5354 on March 24, 2014, 12:40:07 pm
The only games I have so far are:
•NSMB U + NSL U
•SM3DW
•Pikmin 3
Games I want (so far):
•NES Remix
•NES Remix 2
•SSB for Wii U (SSB4)
•Dr. Luigi
•Sonic Lost World
•MK8
•eShop cards (for VC games)
•Maybe a multiplatform game. (COD, AC, etc.)

Sonic Lost World has been getting new DLC, the newest is a Zelda themed DLC for the game which is pretty cool and the other is Yoshi's basically Sonic in a Mario game literally.

Nintendo & Sega should definitely release more DLC for the game as it has tons of potential.

Protoman

In terms of not leading the generation in sales, yes.

In terms of amount of games, yes.

In terms of quality of games, no.

L___E___T

All the stores I've been into recently don't even have them for sale.  I think that speaks volumes.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

FamicomRetroGamer

Quote from: Protoman on April 14, 2014, 12:50:03 pm

The games aren't of quality? ???

zmaster18

April 17, 2014, 04:36:09 pm #20 Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 05:16:02 pm by zmaster18
One thing that really pisses me off about the Wii U is Game & Wario. The Wario Ware Series is ultra-fun and makes a great use of many control schemes. I loved Wario Ware Smooth Moves on Wii and Wario Ware Touched and Wario Ware D.I.Y on the DS. So the Wii U one will combine the best of both worlds?

Wrong.

This game is a mini-game compilation like Nintendo Land :( I didn't like Nintendo Land that much. What a huge disappointment. And because of this stinker of a game, the Wario Ware Series is most likely dead. 

Also the online system sucks balls still....

Post Merge: April 17, 2014, 05:16:02 pm

One thing that really pisses me off about the Wii U is Game & Wario. The Wario Ware Series is ultra-fun and makes a great use of many control schemes. I loved Wario Ware Smooth Moves on Wii and Wario Ware Touched and Wario Ware D.I.Y on the DS. So the Wii U one will combine the best of both worlds?

Wrong.

This game is a mini-game compilation like Nintendo Land :( I didn't like Nintendo Land that much. What a huge disappointment. And because of this stinker of a game, the Wario Ware Series is most likely dead. 

Also the online system sucks balls still....

Russam5354

The Miiverse admins are Fascist pro-censorship idiots. That is ONE of my major complaints.
あなたはイースターエッグを発見!
I mainly collect Gamecube (GCN) items. I collect other items too, but I'm focusing on my GCN collection currently.

nurd

FamicomRetroGamer

L___E___T

In fairness, you have to admit that younger players are Nintendo's core focus.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: FamicomRetroGamer on April 17, 2014, 03:22:13 pm
Quote from: Protoman on April 14, 2014, 12:50:03 pm

The games aren't of quality? ???

I think he's saying that it's not a failure in terms of quality of games, because it in fact does have quality games.

FamicomRetroGamer

Oh yes my bad, I misread that.

In quantity of games it may be low but in quality it isn't.

I'm always for quality over quantity so it's fine by me.