Disk system batteries

Started by iStreet, April 14, 2014, 09:56:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

iStreet

April 14, 2014, 09:56:22 am Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 10:06:44 am by iStreet
I just wanted to test my Famicom disk drive with batteries. Because i do not have the adaptor.. But does the red light have to go on directly? Or do i need to hook it up to the Famicom system , and then power on the Famicom + Disk system? Because i do not have the adapter for the Famicom or disk system. But wanted to test the FDS itself...

PS: Sorry for my bad english..
I always downshift near a hybrid, so they can hear me hurt the environment...

BonBon

You need it hooked up to a famicom in oreder to test it that will require a ram adapter. The red light only comes on when it's loading.

P

And you'll need a disk as well, or you will only be able to test the RAM Adapter.
But that's the good thing about it. It will only drain battery when it's reading or writing. That way the batteries will last a very long time.

iStreet

fredJ

If you bought it as untsted it probably doesn't work.   :)
You can open it up with a normal screwdriver and see if there is a belt on it, or if the belt has been melted or broke.
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

iStreet

April 17, 2014, 08:36:11 am #5 Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 08:47:16 am by iStreet
Quote from: fredJ on April 17, 2014, 02:22:39 am
If you bought it as untsted it probably doesn't work.   :)
You can open it up with a normal screwdriver and see if there is a belt on it, or if the belt has been melted or broke.

Belt looks like it has been replaced last year, so that is all good. :) Previous owner claimed it to be working.. Just have to find a new Famicom adaptor, to hook it up :)