broken defective mario kart 64

Started by wholesalewatch648, April 16, 2014, 04:37:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wholesalewatch648

April 16, 2014, 04:37:45 pm Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 04:45:04 pm by wholesalewatch648
hello all.. i have a question for you.
i have a defective mario kart 64 cartridge.
the inside looks rusted and the pins are corroded, etc.
however, the NUS-NKTE-0 looks O.K.  (no corrosion,etc)

is there a way i can pull it out and put it in another N64 donor cart (IE:Madden 64 or the like)
or is this not possible? and would you also need bu9850 (looks a little corroded on NUS NKTE) to successfully make the swap?

here is the two boards

(TOP is suspected donor cart)
(BOTTOM is NUS NKTE 0)

by looking at it looks like i need to swap that little square board,but not cic nus 6012
I am a big Nintendo fan! especially GameBoy, N64, SFC, GC. And of course Mario games
I collect SFC/N64 mainly. Some rare famicom stuff too. Also miscellaneous video game stuff.

zmaster18

First try scraping off the corrosion with a metal file or a piece of steel wool or a stainless steel scrubber.

wholesalewatch648

Quote from: zmaster18 on April 16, 2014, 04:41:28 pm
First try scraping off the corrosion with a metal file or a piece of steel wool or a stainless steel scrubber.
no luck
I am a big Nintendo fan! especially GameBoy, N64, SFC, GC. And of course Mario games
I collect SFC/N64 mainly. Some rare famicom stuff too. Also miscellaneous video game stuff.

zmaster18

Maybe reflow the solder or replace the cap on the board?

untinip

Looks like a trace is broken on the PCB, below the capacitor (below the ROM). Try joining the trace by soldering a wire over the gap! :D

wholesalewatch648

Quote from: untinip on April 17, 2014, 02:06:35 pm
Looks like a trace is broken on the PCB, below the capacitor (below the ROM). Try joining the trace by soldering a wire over the gap! :D
i will admit, i don't think i have the technical capability to do this  :-[

Russam5354

あなたはイースターエッグを発見!
I mainly collect Gamecube (GCN) items. I collect other items too, but I'm focusing on my GCN collection currently.

80sFREAK

Clean board very well and check vias, if there is any. Corrosion hit them first.
I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy