Look at this nice collection...

Started by iStreet, April 15, 2014, 11:53:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

iStreet

I always downshift near a hybrid, so they can hear me hurt the environment...

BonBon

Poppy17 is a member of this forum there is a thread Dedicated to his collection. I understand a love for collecting famicom but I think that he is hoarding a bit.

Nightstar699

Quote from: Jay-ray on April 15, 2014, 12:08:02 pm
I understand a love for collecting famicom but I think that he is hoarding a bit.

I concur. Unless you're selling them, there's no reason to have more than one copy of a game/system.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

fcgamer

Quote from: Nightstar699 on April 15, 2014, 09:16:21 pm
Quote from: Jay-ray on April 15, 2014, 12:08:02 pm
I understand a love for collecting famicom but I think that he is hoarding a bit.

I concur. Unless you're selling them, there's no reason to have more than one copy of a game/system.

Maybe I am a hoarder then ;)  Some games I have multiples of, but usually I keep them for trades.  Sometimes though, you just run across something nice and think that you should pick it up, even if it is a duplicate. 
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

Nightstar699

Yeah, that's definitely reasonable, and I could understand people getting variants, or stuff to hold on to for, like you said, trades/sales and whatnot, but I mean...

What reason could there be to own 8 CIB copies of Contra for Famicom? I don't know if he sells off his duplicates or what, but seeing these pictures really makes me hope so.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

L___E___T

I spoke to Poppy before - I think he generally just picks them up when he gets a chance to.  

Obviously he has a bit of cash and can afford these amazing finds, but he seems a really nice guy and certainly not a stubborn hoarder. 

I'm hoping to visit Poppy and Ryo later this year when I travel.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Yelir

I remember seeing some of his Assembler pictures before, what an intense collection. Now I'm dying for a Sharp CX television set. :(

I didn't think he was a hoarder, but that changed when I saw the "Mario Picture"...

That and the shitty collection of slots, but to each their own. His retro goodies are amazing, I'll leave it at that.  :crazy: