April 28, 2024, 06:00:47 am

Getting Rid of Gas

Started by fcgamer, June 02, 2014, 04:14:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fcgamer

Okay so over the weekend, I was out with my girlfriend and I told her that my lower ab area had quite some pain in it.  This had started earlier last week, and I had initially blamed it on going on a long run, but the pain just didn't clear up, and got worse.  So we went to the clinic and the doctor said I had gas, and maybe a bit of constipation, and gave me some medicine to take.

Fast forward to today and when I woke up, I still feel quite lousy and sore, in that area.  To describe it, I feel like I wish someone could pop my stomach, like a balloon.   :(  So besides talking my medicine, any other suggestions for pain relief?  Yesterday was a holiday, so I could just lay around, but today I actually need to go to work and it concerns me a bit...
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

MaxXimus

It wont really help while youre at work but try drinking pear juice, prune juice, or any other natural laxatives like those. They will make you poop. Also anything high in fibre should help make you poop.

ericj

Mix about a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water and drink it. It should get rid of the gas pretty quickly.

fcgamer

June 02, 2014, 07:08:18 pm #3 Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 09:04:47 pm by fcgamer
Thanks guys!  Can't really get prune juice around here so easily,but I have been chugging grape juice all morning.  Gonna try to find some baking soda this afternoon during my long afternoon break, and then gonna try that trick as well.  Hopefully I can kick this gas problem in the ass!

Post Merge: June 02, 2014, 09:04:47 pm

So I just took a shot of the juice, so to speak (well drank a class of the baking soda water), and that tasted horrible...just awful!  Hopefully I will start to feel better soon.

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: fcgamer on June 02, 2014, 07:08:18 pm
So I just took a shot of the juice, so to speak (well drank a class of the baking soda water), and that tasted horrible...just awful!  Hopefully I will start to feel better soon.

Ugh! I can't stand the stuff myself. I'd rather just eat the prunes, but somehow they cause gas.

Anyway, here are some suggestion:

• drink lots of water

• stretch - not so much arms/legs, but something that engages your abs, like front & back bending (heck, if you can do a complete backbend, just hold it; usually works for me

• Again, fiber; preferably at night before you go to sleep all the time. I cringe at all the processed "food" that doesn't even have 1g. Pretty much all natural food has fiber in it; yet all the ready made junk we consume from boxes are void of this necessity.

Also, maybe it's not what you need to do, but what you need to stop doing:

DON'T

• eat a boatload of refried beans; yes, they have fiber, as well as undigestable sugars

• eat lots of uncooked vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower<-learned that one the hard way :-X

• drink lots of milk <-I could write an essay about how people aren't even supposed to drink milk into adulthood but that's a whole other topic

• eat anything fast; go with a slow gorging process ;)

• carbonate your beverages <- I can't understand why anyone buys drink carbonators. You're paying for a device that fills you with air. You might as well inflate yourself with an air pump. Then again, it's nice to make sparkling water out of practically nothing but water. ??? I take it all back--root beer is awesome, especially with pizza.

Mo-hd

When you wake up in the morning and before the breakfast mix 1 spoon of honey with water ( Not cold water ). try it for 2-3 days and you will feel better.
During the day drink lots of water and have some mint its good for stomach pain. Don't eat or drink spices,beans, soft drinks or fizzy drinks like cola pepsi or alcohol.

I wish you the speediest recovery.  :star:

fcgamer

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on June 02, 2014, 10:34:20 pm
Quote from: fcgamer on June 02, 2014, 07:08:18 pm

Ugh! I can't stand the stuff myself. I'd rather just eat the prunes, but somehow they cause gas.

Anyway, here are some suggestion:

• drink lots of water

• stretch - not so much arms/legs, but something that engages your abs, like front & back bending (heck, if you can do a complete backbend, just hold it; usually works for me

• Again, fiber; preferably at night before you go to sleep all the time. I cringe at all the processed "food" that doesn't even have 1g. Pretty much all natural food has fiber in it; yet all the ready made junk we consume from boxes are void of this necessity.

Also, maybe it's not what you need to do, but what you need to stop doing:

DON'T

• eat a boatload of refried beans; yes, they have fiber, as well as undigestable sugars

• eat lots of uncooked vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower<-learned that one the hard way :-X

• drink lots of milk <-I could write an essay about how people aren't even supposed to drink milk into adulthood but that's a whole other topic

• eat anything fast; go with a slow gorging process ;)

• carbonate your beverages <- I can't understand why anyone buys drink carbonators. You're paying for a device that fills you with air. You might as well inflate yourself with an air pump. Then again, it's nice to make sparkling water out of practically nothing but water. ??? I take it all back--root beer is awesome, especially with pizza.

Well I really haven't done the things on the list of stuff not to do, except for drinking milk.  Even with milk, I do not drink very much, maybe a couple glasses every 6 months, as it is just so expensive here.

On another note, I took another hit of the juice, well that baking soda / water mix.  Terrible, but my lower stomach / abs just feel so tender at the moment, I am willing to try anything to solve this problem.

Post Merge: June 03, 2014, 05:53:40 am

Quote from: Mo-hd on June 03, 2014, 01:23:11 am
When you wake up in the morning and before the breakfast mix 1 spoon of honey with water ( Not cold water ). try it for 2-3 days and you will feel better.
During the day drink lots of water and have some mint its good for stomach pain. Don't eat or drink spices,beans, soft drinks or fizzy drinks like cola pepsi or alcohol.

I wish you the speediest recovery.  :star:

Thanks for the suggestion!  I need to go across the street to the supermarket anyway before it closes tonight, so I'll pick up some honey and give that a try.  :)

I really want to get this resolved before the weekend.  Last weekend was a holiday, and it was sort of ruined for me, so I hope I can make it up and do something more fun this weekend.

famifan

gah

i thought the thread was about gasoline and revolutionary new sources of energy

security16

Peppermint tea will also help they actually make you drink it here after abdominal surgery where they have had to fill your abdomen with air. Also completely strange but does work BELLY RUBS!!  From left to right will help work stuff through your intestines and also make sure you drink plenty of water too because that will help flush out your system. Give up on the baking soda shots thats not going to help you if you've got air trapped in your intestines but it will sure as hell make you burp and fill your stomach with air.