Error: 22 on every FDS disk

Started by smileyman8b, June 26, 2014, 10:22:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

smileyman8b

so my FDS was being weird i tried to fix it but i gave up on it then right as i was seeing how much shipping would be to get it fixed i saw what was wrong and managed to correct it and other small things and my FDS worked fine for a couple of hours but now i get Error: 22 on every disk i try to load  ??? this is very confusing as just a little while ago it was working fine better than it was in the first place im going to try and clean the head with rubbing alcohol to see if that is the issue any other suggestions? i normally wouldve just been lazy and sent it off to get fixed and have the belt be replaced  and have the gears etc. re-oiled but im broke right now to put it simply  :P so im gonna try and do this myself  hopefully my bad luck with import consoles wont continue  :-[
Deadpool- "YOU ATE THE LAST OF THE CHEESY PUFFS YOU SON OF A BI+cH!"  >:(

80sFREAK

Did you tight well screws, when set back PCB?
I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

smileyman8b

June 27, 2014, 11:22:57 am #2 Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 12:43:42 pm by smileyman8b
yes....... or i thought so ill tighten them a bit just in case and thanks for the tip  :)

Post Merge: June 27, 2014, 12:24:57 pm

alright so i cleaned the head and the screws were already as tight as they will go so without putting the top half of the case back on i tested it and the FDS didnt work so i got out camera and tried to video tape what the head was doing while trying to read the disks so that i could upload it here and see if that narrows it down well when i started up the camera and turned on the system it worked  :- and i loaded 7 more disks right after that while completely turning off the system and then turning it back on between each one and i inserted the disk before i turned on the FDS and after both worked everything seemed fine but when i put back on the top half of the case it doesnt work anymore  :( so im starting to think its the ram adapter because its position only changed between every trial and error plus every once in a while ill get a gray screen and will have to unplug and replug in the ram adapter
so im spraying down all of the contacts on the ram adapter and both consoles with DeoxIT D5 and ill update once thats done

Post Merge: June 27, 2014, 12:43:42 pm

;D Update: works great so i guess Error: 22 can also be the cause of a dirty pin connection between the FDS and Famicom
Deadpool- "YOU ATE THE LAST OF THE CHEESY PUFFS YOU SON OF A BI+cH!"  >:(