Twin Famicom FDS Err. 1 Fix?

Started by petik1, July 11, 2014, 07:55:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

petik1

I bought my Turbo Twin Famicom a while ago, but the disk drive has never worked. Now that I have some time, I'd love to get it working. I'm just not sure where to start. I can't find a whole lot of info on the error I'm receiving (Err. 1), so it seems pretty uncommon. What are the steps towards fixing this?

80sFREAK

Err.01: The disk card is not fully seated. Your card-carrier tray may not be entirely engaging, and may be missing sprigs, or require cleaning, etc..

C.O.

P.S. I would start from check the switch "disk in"
I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

petik1

July 12, 2014, 06:55:17 am #2 Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 03:59:46 pm by petik1
Thank you! I found that explanation earlier in one of Xious's threads (he was never banned?). What do you mean by "check the switch 'disk in'"? Where would this switch be?

Post Merge: July 12, 2014, 07:26:08 am

I should go into more detail about the problem. When I insert the disk, I hear a relatively loud mechanical noise. The disk never loads, and if I remember correctly, it never give me an error either. When I eject the disk, it give me Err. 1. However, when I opened it up and played with a switch 80sFREAK may be referring to, while the system is attempting to read the disk, I get an Err. 22.

Here is the switch: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_O04AIwsB-6OUdEeC03OUY4Njg/edit?usp=sharing.

Edit: Opened it up, I need a new belt! But that doesn't seem to explain the mechanical noise and Err.1 ...

More edits: Just cleaned off the remnants of the old belt. I didn't realize that these things pretty much melt. I think this was the cause of the humming noise. When the belt snapped, it looks like it wrapped itself around the motor, and did so unevenly. In fact, it looked similar to rumble mechanisms in controllers!