New to Famicom world and Famicom Collecting.

Started by sconley666, May 03, 2012, 02:26:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sconley666

:help

So I have been collecting NES stuff since it came out and as I am nearing completing my NES collection about 600 carts.  I wanted to venture into Famicom collecting.  I just bought a Famicom, famicom  disk system, mario 1 and 3 carts, mario 2 on FDS, and Kid Icarus on FDS.  They aren't here yet but I am stoked.  I was/am a member of Nintendoage but it seems lately people have been a little rude to me and I have posted less and less.  I am NOT saying that everyone there is a jerk or anything because I have met a lot of great people and continue to use the site but I have been "ghost stalking" famicom world for a while.  I just wanted to know if there are RULES that I should be aware of or anything.  I bought all my "starter kit" stuff on the bay and payed for EMS and payed out the ass.  I have questions and don't want to sound like an idiot. 

1.  I would like to know where I can find out a "price check"  which sub forum do i use?
2.  basically anything else I should know before I post something and get a response like "Hey Idiot you should have posted XYZ here instead of here"

Thanks for all the unintentional information over the last few months and I hope to become a valuable member of this great community.

Also I have done several transaction on NA and my username there is the same as here so feel free to use that for "starter feedback"
Also sconley666 on NintendoAge

Parodius Duh

NintendoAge sucks, welcome!

Price Check thread in Buy/Sell/Trade forum:  
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=1267.0

Everything is laid out pretty simply, just browse the forums youll find where everything is, if its a main topic its usually stickied at the top of each forum...

80sFREAK

sconley666, you are welcome.
IMO NA looks like branch of ebay with their "LOOK!!!" and "RARE!!!" threads
I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

Phosphora

Welcome. :)

I'm pretty new here and I find the regular posters to be VERY knowledgeable on all things Famicom/FDS.
The threads on this forum are full of invaluable information, and multiple members have kindly answered all my dumb questions so my guess is that you're safe from rude replies.  :-[

Parodius Duh

Only rude one here is 80sFREAK, and hes already chimed in! Your safe!  ;)

...just kidding 80sFREAK!

Frank_fjs

Welcome.

Everyone here is cool, the rules are pretty relaxed just use common sense, the only rule you need to worry about for now is that all new members must send me a free Famicom game. ;D

80sFREAK

Quote from: Parodius Duh on May 03, 2012, 04:53:43 pm
Only rude one here is 80sFREAK, and hes already chimed in! Your safe!  ;)

...just kidding 80sFREAK!
Remember, i am FREAK ;D
I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

sconley666

Thanks everyone.

Already everyone here seems really cool.. I also found it funny that the thread used for price checking was started by Dain Anderson, the webmaster of Nintendoage!  Ah the irony.  Thanks again folks.

Sean
Also sconley666 on NintendoAge