March 28, 2024, 04:21:32 pm

NWC Repros

Started by JC, May 30, 2007, 10:58:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

The repros went on sale just a few minutes ago. I just bought mine. There's a limited number available as of right now, as expected.

www.retrousb.com

Jedi Master Baiter

Sounds good; I'd like to get a copy myself, but don't have the funds right now... I wonder if Leon approves of this?

JC

Dang...they lasted 30 minutes and are now sold out. Sounds like most collectors who'd been refreshing that page all day long picked up two. I think 17 were available. Oh, and someone mentioned they come with a manual. :o

manuel

That cart looks nice. The blue color looks good.
I'm glad for you that you got one. 8)

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: JC on May 30, 2007, 11:31:51 pm
Dang...they lasted 30 minutes and are now sold out. Sounds like most collectors who'd been refreshing that page all day long picked up two. I think 17 were available. Oh, and someone mentioned they come with a manual. :o

Heheheh Assholes

FamicomFreak

oh man that looks so good but I missed it. Oh well I am thinking of getting those empty nes cartridges because I have some games with no cart box but I wish they would sell some famicom empty carts because I have some of those too with no cart box. The price is cheap!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

JC

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on May 31, 2007, 07:53:52 am
Heheheh Assholes

Yeah, with two you could have your own mini championships with friends, competing two at a time, which makes it a bit more exciting. I think that's the appeal of getting more than one.

FamicomFreak

Wow that would be awesome. Having tournaments every weekend with friends!! omg I must get these carts!

manuel

Quote from: JC on May 31, 2007, 11:55:12 am
Heheheh Assholes

Yeah, with two you could have your own mini championships with friends, competing two at a time, which makes it a bit more exciting. I think that's the appeal of getting more than one.

I think the reason for getting more than one for most people is greed. They don't want other people have the item or try to scalp some people on ebay later with ridiculously high prices... ???

FamicomFreak

Quote from: manuel on May 31, 2007, 12:25:37 pm
Quote from: JC on May 31, 2007, 11:55:12 am
Heheheh Assholes

I think the reason for getting more than one for most people is greed. They don't want other people have the item or try to scalp some people on ebay later with ridiculously high prices... ???

Yeah that's for sure I'm pretty sure that we'll see them on ebay in a matter of weeks or maybe days. I'm pretty sure there will be people falling for those.

JC

Well, I don't know about that. I picked up two. And not because I was greedy or anything, but partly 'cause of the above mentioned reason. My little bro's pretty excited about competing. We're gonna set up two TVs, etc. I almost didn't buy two but got a second after that idea popped into my head. And I think these hardcore collectors genuinely wanted two, for gaming and collecting. I imagine you won't see but one on eBay in the next couple weeks. And that one will be the one the repro dude already said he's gonna sell on eBay (it's #4 of 17). I know I'm not putting mine up for sale.

Now, some people have mentioned someone trying to pass one of these off as authentic, maybe putting the board in a gold cart with an authentic-looking label. That's a problem. It'll be interesting to see what happens on eBay in the next few months. I really don't think you'll see any from the first crop sold on eBay. We'll see...maybe it'll be proven as greed on the part of one or more of these initial buyers.

FamicomFreak

Quote from: JC on May 31, 2007, 12:53:41 pm
Well, I don't know about that. I picked up two. And not because I was greedy or anything, but partly 'cause of the above mentioned reason. My little bro's pretty excited about competing. We're gonna set up two TVs, etc. I almost didn't buy two but got a second after that idea popped into my head. And I think these hardcore collectors genuinely wanted two, for gaming and collecting. I imagine you won't see but one on eBay in the next couple weeks. And that one will be the one the repro dude already said he's gonna sell on eBay (it's #4 of 17). I know I'm not putting mine up for sale.

Now, some people have mentioned someone trying to pass one of these off as authentic, maybe putting the board in a gold cart with an authentic-looking label. That's a problem. It'll be interesting to see what happens on eBay in the next few months. I really don't think you'll see any from the first crop sold on eBay. We'll see...maybe it'll be proven as greed on the part of one or more of these initial buyers.

Oh man show us the results when you go against your brother!! I love competitions even between family!

madman

You'd have to be pretty stupid to get fooled into believing that's a real NWC cart.  The PCB is completely different and I don't see the DIP switch on there either.  Anyone who'd be forking out thousands for a cart would know within seconds.

JC

True about being fooled by the cart differences, but a noob who doesn't pay close attention might fork over a couple hundred, which is good enough profit on something you paid $50 to get. Hell, when #4 is listed we'll get a chance to see how much a noob is willing to pay without being fooled. Maybe that'll motivate some of the guys who got 2 to sell their. :P

djdac

please tell me they will have more in stock soon! please!  :'(