April 29, 2024, 02:24:57 am

game boy light mods

Started by earthquakejake, May 06, 2008, 03:57:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

earthquakejake

can u mod one to be capable of having a back light or anything like leds if so can u tell me how to.

FamicomFreak

Quote from: earthquakejake on May 06, 2008, 03:57:41 pm
can u mod one to be capable of having a back light or anything like leds if so can u tell me how to.

I think 133mhz has answered that question before.
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

Raditz

Yeah, I've seen it done with the first type GBA's but not a GB. I would assume it's possible.

Check this out
http://der-warst.de/seiten/gameboy-backlight.htm

MaxXimus

The GBA backlight was called an Afterburner. I was very interested in one of those when they first came out, but never got around to getting one,.

133MHz

Quote from: FamicomFreak on May 07, 2008, 05:21:49 am
Quote from: earthquakejake on May 06, 2008, 03:57:41 pm

I think 133mhz has answered that question before.

Yeah I did, and also nurd gave a pretty good idea (using EL tape instead of surface mount LEDs).

Quote from: MaxXimus on May 07, 2008, 10:16:44 am
The GBA backlight was called an Afterburner. I was very interested in one of those when they first came out, but never got around to getting one,.

Same here :D.

earthquakejake

thx i will try

but i have two ? wat does the tape do is it a special tape or is their any other tape i can use

133MHz

It's a special kind of tape which lights up when you apply an electric current through it. Do you know those digital watches which light up when you push a button to see the time when it's dark? Those use EL tape on the back of the display.

EL means ElectroLuminiscent. And nurd left a link somewhere where you could buy some.

nurd

But... there is another thread by you, almost exactly the same, just worded differently.

Also, what should I do to one of my gameboy colors?

earthquakejake

yea i know but i didnt get any use full info from that one

nurd

Well...EL tape.

Anyway, I'm going to try this with one of my GBC's.

What should I use as a reflector?
Aluminum Foil might not look good,but it can't be so shiny that you can see through the screen.

megaman

Don't tell me you guys don't even know
GameBoy Light........

nurd

We do know GameBoy Light.

We also know that it is expensive, and not in color.

megaman

PatMan33

That tape thing sounds like a damn good idea. Anything is better than that silly contraption that straps onto the front of the thing. :P