March 29, 2024, 06:37:43 am

NWC Repros

Started by JC, May 30, 2007, 10:58:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

Yeah, I don't get the point in collecting reproductions...it's in their nature to be uncollectable because you can always just make another one exactly like it...same with these NWC repros, though numbered.

I can't seem to break 600k after a few plays. I heard NGD broke 1 million. :)

Jedi Master Baiter

The key is to play as much SMB as possible, right? Or play as least SMB? ???

manuel

Perhaps I need one, too.
I'd like to know how many points I can score. :)

JC

I broke 600k a while ago. :) I just need to figure out Tetris.

For SMB and RR, you try to get through them as fast as possible. Then with Tetris, you've just got to master the pattern in which the pieces appear. You try for Tetrises. Because your points in Tetris are multiplied by 25, that's where you get the most points overall. It's fun figuring out how the quickest way through SMB, which can be helped by a YouTube search. :-X RR doesn't change much. And, you see, the number of points you get in SMB determine what pattern you'll get in Tetris. It's awesome.

MarioMania

Why people would want 2 copys for them 1 for play the other for collecting..For the people who want to get it they can't...

But, I played SMB to Death on the NES, GBC & GBA..I think I'm going to time my self for the Fastest to get to 50 coins or just finish a level

JC

Some peeps have been talking about different challenges like that. One that was mentioned was taking that 6:21 and seeing how far you can get in SMB. Supposedly, the SMB on the cart is the full game. Wonder if it's got the minus world?

Just broke 700k. :) Getting closer to that 1 mil. And that dude in the YouTube video who got 3 mil...you gotta wonder how many times he played the damn thing (he's got a gold cart) just to master Tetris as well as he did. I imagine with enough practice, it'd be possible to do that. Now, as for Thor's 6.5 mil...I don't know.

FamicomFreak

i want one but i just spent 400 dollars on my cat that got ran over. sad day at my home but i wont give up on him
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: FamicomFreak on June 06, 2007, 06:47:28 pm
i want one but i just spent 400 dollars on my cat that got ran over. sad day at my home but i wont give up on him

That's sad. :'( I hope all goes well.  My dog is pretty old & I dread what could happen to him. :(

satoshi_matrix

I'm sorry to hear that FF.

Personally, I REALLY like the idea of reproductions. So far I've got a copy of Earthbound Zero made as well as an awesome Megaman II hack called Megaman Ultra. In the future I hope to get translated versions of Sweet Home, Fire Emblem and Rockboard made. I'd also like to get an NES cart version of Doki Doki Panic, as wierd as that sounds.

FamicomFreak

Well tomorrow I will know if I can take him home. I am glad his spine was not damaged
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

MarioMania

Sorry about your Cat FF, That's not good with stupid people got no heart

I'm trying to see about a Gam Genie Code for time on the NWC Repo cart..when you get 50 coins does it switch to Rad Racer

JC

There's no way to alter the timing with the Genie. The timing is not in the software; it's in the hardware. But there is a code that'll give you all lines on Tetris, which is silly anyway, because it ruins the point of the game: competition, or getting a personal best. I guess if you want to show off a false high score, you could use it. :P

When you get 50 coins, SMB ends and you go to RR.

And, broke 900k before I gave up for the night. It just takes time to memorize the games' patterns.

MarioMania

How about a Coin Code..

I even played PAL SMB on my NES..I got far til 5-2..The game plays at 70 Hrz

Try the 50 Coin thing with SMB2J..see how fast you can reach 50

JC

As far as I know, there are only three things you can do with the NWC:

Select and A = Test the internal timer.
Select and B = Start on RR (no final score given).
Game Genie = Get all lines on Tetris.

Broke 1.2 mil this morning. :)

manuel

Is it known how high the winning score was in the original competition?