Famicom Blown

Started by xIceMan, August 24, 2014, 06:11:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

xIceMan

Hey there,
I have successfully modded a HVC-CPU-07 Famicom to be AV compatible as well as reducing jailbars using various capacitors connected between GND and 5V.
However, I accidently plugged in my NES power supply and the Famicom simply blew up.
I tried replacing the 7805 voltage regulator but it just won't power on. I have connceted a test LED, which doesn't light on.

So yeah, can I throw it away or is there any chance of reliving it?

infiniteNOP

The NES "AC adaptor" actually outputs AC current, which is different than DC. So, there is a high possibility your famicom is dead. :(
Previously known as linuxlalala

jpx72

Just to be sure, have you replaced the fuse also?

xIceMan

I thought the HVC-CPU-07 does not have a fuse? I couldn't see any at the power supply PCB.
Correct me, if I'm wrong there.

hvc01

no fuse. prob cooked it. I'd toss it and start over.

xIceMan

August 25, 2014, 12:27:28 am #5 Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 09:33:02 am by xIceMan
Crap. Is it still possible to use the CPU/PPU and XTAL though? I was planning to mod my european NES to be fully NTSC via switch. :>

Edit: Nevermind, the PPU was blown. I tried to desolder it but it fell apart already. :<

hvc01

Nevermind. You can pick up cheap famicom consoles these days and exchange the motherboard or just try another mod with that one. Good luck.  :)