holy diver is ruining me.

Started by kevkevkev, September 02, 2014, 10:35:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kevkevkev

got to end of stage 4 quite easily. then the pain begins. found the extra lives cheat but does anyone know the limit? think i did 130 and it stillworked but there is a point where it starts from 1 again. even with all those lives the 2nd last room owns me. must try harder.

FamilyMan

I spent soo many hours on holy diver, and your right about the difficulty spike!  I got suck playing the first area in level 4 for about over an hour. The problem is how RANDOM the enemy spawn is and awkward placement of your character. (however, I suggest you plow through because something fun is waiting for you later in the level ;)>) However, the boss of this world is almost impossible. You need to be a platforming GOD to get through that. And I have beaten a ton of hard famicom/nes games!

Dont let that discourage you! Game on friend!
- Collecting should be about owning the games as much as playing them!

XiTaU

I got this game after watching the world record run and yeah i feel much shame they make it look so much easier :(
The game has beaten me mentally now i just look at it every time i thinking of playing a game but pass but one day ill try for my vengeance.

Well i did buy the game for a challenge so i guess it is working but im not on its lvl yet need to grind some lower lvl camps.

fredJ

I got stuck with that big monster guy at the middle of stage 4, I didn't know you could kill him. After I finally looked it up I saw it got even harder later on and I was fed up. It doesn't give me any joy anymore and I don't want to think about it.
I am proud I got as far as I did anyways, not being a great gamer. It took a lot of hours.
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

fcgamer

September 04, 2014, 11:35:51 am #4 Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 11:41:22 am by fcgamer
I always did well up until that room with the spinning platforms, a boss chamber iirc.  I haven't played the game since about 2002 or so, and I just remember trying to beat that boss so many times and failing.

Post Merge: September 04, 2014, 11:41:22 am

And wow, I just watched a video from this game now, and it appears it was the boss of world 4 that I couldn't get past.  Now I feel really bad, as I had thought I had gotten much farther in the game than that.  :(    Sometimes it is better not to remember history correctly, I guess. 
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

L___E___T

Haha I couldn't even get past Stage 1 without thinking screw this - will have to seriously give this one some time - but I think I'd like to beat Makaimura and Batman first after watching AVGN make it.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

fredJ

I have friends that have beaten both those games and they are not unbeatable (though pretty good), but I think those games could be beaten with some patience for the person who enjoys playing them.
I don't particularly enjoy these kind of "tedious" platformers.
It seems girls enjoy them btw, maybe ask your gf.
I did enjoy Holy Diver at first for its crazyness.

You never know with AVGN when he is just playing character...
He screams a lot, but when he beats the games he does it in a weekend, then adds some up played anger over a jump he couldn't make...
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

FamilyMan

I beat batman in 2006 and really enjoyed it! the only difficult part is the final boss. one of my first, and all time favorites on the NES.
- Collecting should be about owning the games as much as playing them!

Nightstar699

I've only managed to 1CC Batman once in my life, most the time I have to burn a continue and oh boy does it hurt. From my perspective the two hard parts of the game are: The 3rd boss, and the stage 5 boss (NOT The Joker, the one you fight beforehand) both those fights just seem so random to me, and for the former, getting there with an adequate, safe amount of health is a pain. Still a remarkable game, but I like Dynamite Batman better.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

kevkevkev

finally beat it.i could probably do it without the lives cheat but stage 4 boss and 2nd last room on 6 always take me alot of lives. the rest is all about practice. great game though.