Sharp Twin Famicom

Started by kite200, June 01, 2007, 11:24:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

133MHz

To me it looks like the usual plastic decoloring when exposed to prolonged sunlight.

kite200

September 07, 2007, 09:19:07 pm #16 Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 09:26:08 pm by kite200
lol no, look at the difference between them, the stripe is full across on the new one I showed you which is only on the 505, also the shape of it is significantly different from the bottom picture model 500. I have a black 505 by the way so I can see this in person.t, plus it has turbo buttons on the controllers which the one on the bottom pic doesn't. (though you can't see controllers in that pic)

you could claim the 500 and 505 look similar but if you know anything about the twin you will realize you are incorrect

EDIT: NOW HAS FIXED PIC SO YOU CAN COMPARE, WAS A BIT SKETCHY BEFORE, DIDNT WORK SOMETIMES.

yes JC it's 100% legit i've seen more than one at this point
ステキ

JC

kite200

yeah, with turbo buttons on the controllers as the only major selling point
ステキ

Atariboy

Man I really wanted to get a Sharp Twin Famicom soo much, other then ebay and yahoo Japan where can I get me one cheap?

2A03

Speaking of the Twin Fami, what is the pinout of the DIN AV cable?

2A03

Quote from: 2A03 on September 16, 2007, 06:57:19 pm
Speaking of the Twin Fami, what is the pinout of the DIN AV cable?

Never mind, I looked at it and it's for an RF switch.

FamicomFreak

I would be so happy with getting a sharp twin famicom....maybe one day!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

Sparkster

I have just bought myself a twin famicom, which should be arriving anyday now.
I know it has an av out on the back and have been trying to find out its pinout but
have so far been unsuccesful.

Does anybody know what the pinout is or if the rgb cable from another system
would be compatable?

kite200

it's standard rca

get double sided composite rca

ステキ

KEVMAN569

Alright so I'm really thinking about getting a Twin Famicom.  I do have a Famicom but it's a really crappy pirateds version (Motherboard is held down with to-glue).  It still works but I have a craving for some FDS games and have no FDS.  After looking around the websites I found various repair guides.  My questions is what are the chances of having to do some refurbishing on one if I buy it from say www.japangamestock.com?

I don't mind having to refurbish it but I'm not a very handy guy.  I probably wouldn't have the tools to repair something (that's right no soldering iron in my house) so I'm trying to avoid any repairs I can prevent.  I have no problem replcing the belt though so if that's a common problem I won't mind.

So share your thought/experiences about what to expect from buying a Twin Famicom.

nurd

The hard part is finding a power cord that works with it, toysonlinehk probably has some, that's where I got mine from.

If you get one, I'm pretty sure it will need a new belt for the disk drive.

KEVMAN569

Hey does anyone know what the size the Twin Famicom is compared to the original?

manuel

It's more than twice as big.

ericj

Are there any famiclone disk systems? Don't think I've ever run across one....perhaps we could start up a business if 133mhz can figure out how to make them  ;)