"Numbered" Namcot games

Started by Shumi Nagaremono, January 14, 2015, 08:15:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

marioxb

August 22, 2020, 05:13:12 am #15 Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 06:22:35 am by marioxb
Quote from: Shintetsuken on June 05, 2020, 09:32:02 amThis is quite the necro-post, but this is one of the top results for Google, so I thought I'd share my research here just in case anyone else is curious, too:

With the Namcot Collection being released for current-gen, the demake of Pac-Man Championship Edition is listed as cart #84 :redcart: I went through all of Namcot's releases for the Famicom, and...I found that there were exactly 83.

I went a step further. Gaplus new NES port is #85 (Official numbering). I guess Macross doesn't count because it was a joint venture between Namco and Bandai. (Which in itself is pretty interesting. Bandai released most of Namco's FC games in the US. Then in the 2000s, the companies merged. I wonder how closely the companies were actually related in the 80s). Then I added Macross and the US exclusives to the list, because, why not.

85. Gaplus
86. Macross
87. Ms. Pac-Man (2 US exclusive versions)
88. Pac-Mania (US exclusive)

scaryice

I count 84 Namco games, including Macross. The list posted is also missing Quinty (instead, Famista 89 is listed twice).