Welcome to our ebay store: retrospectives2000

Started by Retrospectives, January 30, 2015, 08:41:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Retrospectives

January 30, 2015, 08:41:49 am Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 08:46:41 pm by Retrospectives
Update on 2015-02-09: This is now the offical topic of our ebay shop: retrospectives2000  :pow:

Any questions regarding our products or such things you can write here if you want. Thanks!

Hello there. This is just an introduction of who I am and what I might do for you Famicom-fanatics out there.

I am Kaneko and i am a huge fan of the Famicom. I am married to a Chinese wife and right now we are living in Shenzen. I would like to check here if someone of you might be interested in some Famicom stuff to buy? We got everything from the original Krikkz Everdrive, to Jack-DIY carts for the Famicom, Game Boy, you name it.

I am not here only just to sell stuff, so I am sorry if I offended any rules regarding my first post. I am myself in love with the Famicom system as well as the earlier LCD handhelds that were popular in the 80s.

Anyway, we also got a bunch of Good hardware Famiclones, and occasionally we get in some second hand games from Taiwan and such. So if there is an interest, please send a PM with your request and yes, PayPal is of course a good option for us both.

Every shipment will be sent with a tracking number. Thanks! // Kaneko (going to the presentation thread now)  :crazy:

Post Merge: January 30, 2015, 08:52:23 am

Sorry, this should be in the Buy & Sell section. Could someone please move it over there? Also, the Jack DIY is of course cheaper than the Everdrive but basically uses the same hardware so the firmware of the Everdrive will work for the Jack DIY.  :-*

Update: Here is the name of ebay shop :retrospectives2000 Thanks everyone!:   

thepandaofnom

I got a jack-DIY and I can't upgrade my firmware. If I do it will crash and go to a grey screen when I load a rom. I don't know how much you are asking for them but price point will be what makes people decide to buy one or not. Would you mind listing all the products you have available and the price of them. I think that would make it easier so we don't all have to bombard you with individual pms.

jpx72

Hello retrospectives and welcome to the forums! Show us some photos of your stuff and we'll be happy to do business with you!

prince tomato

hi, and welcome!
i am very interested in what you might have for sale,
especially the clones and unlicensed games!
looking forward to a list with pics and prices  ;D

Retrospectives

February 05, 2015, 11:08:45 pm #4 Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 11:25:20 pm by Retrospectives
Thanks. Sorry for not being available to answer for a while. I will get back to all of You who sent PM during the time I was away. At the time we have some issues with PayPal so no payments can be made through that service at this moment, which is why we consider to release some of our inventory on Aliexpress, which also gives the buyer a good money back guarantee similar to Ebay.

SO. What is new? Well, we have NEW hardware famiclones that we sell. They ALL uses brand new components including the UMC-branded CPU/PPU and comes equipped with NTSC or PAL (Your choice). Note that this is only the motherboard including the video compartment so no shell is provided.

But we will sell all the motherboards in different options (fully assembled, non assembled (bare PCB) and the rest will be heatsink, controller cables and such things.

I will write an update as soon as we are launched, and you will be able to see pictures then. So please be patient, and we will be up and running later today or at last tomorrow. Thanks all!!!

Edit: I got a LOAD of PM:s so first of all, thanks all who show a big interest, I have answered most of them and those that can be answered in general i will answer here. Second i just want to tell that we will proceed with the Aliexpress webshop so all of our products that we are keeping in stock will be uploaded by time. We will start with the new hardware famiclones and then we will upload more and more by time, so please have patience and i'm sure you will get pleased.

Regarding everdrives. We sell both genuine and "made in china" jack-diy famiclones, and the prices will also be listed on Aliexpress.

Other than that, we will only sell hardware famiclones on our webshop. No glob-tops except for multi-consoles, but when it comes to Famicom/Famiclones we find that the compatibility issues with different mappers are too high to sell glob-tops consoles to collectors.

Thank you everyone for showing an interest, I will get back soon with a link when the products has started to upload. Thanks all.

aarkay14

Hi,

Can you please post link from aliexpress?

- Rama

Retrospectives

February 07, 2015, 04:22:22 am #6 Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 10:18:57 am by Retrospectives
Of course!

We have started to upload some products now. More uploads are pending but due to Aliexpress is so slow when it comes to smaller sellers they do not prioritate to update things and we are not allowed to use certain words like "Famicom" or "FC" because of some odd reason they are referring to as a violation against the copyright (Don't ask me why, the big retailers on Aliexpress can use it). Anyway as long as we do not uses these words everything should be fine.

The products listed are of course NOT everything we got, but right now it is weekend so things are done even more sloly, but until Monday everything should be up and running with both new games and much more Famicom oriented.

Here is the URL:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/138988

Thank you.  :)

Also, if you got any requests You can just ask. Right now we have a whole bunch of Micro Genius famiclones, and other brand name hardware Famiclones from the 90s. We will upload them by time, but if you got Any kind of requests please let us know and if we do not have it, we can of course source it for you since we have good contacts with both Taiwanese and Chinese sellers.  :-[

prince tomato

man, this looks really good...
the UMC chipset like the good old clones had,
AV out, and socketed chips.
best of both worlds imho.
i'm stuffing wads of cash in my disk drive right now but it doesn't seem to work.
do you accept paypal too?

Retrospectives

Quote from: prince tomato on February 07, 2015, 02:16:05 pm
man, this looks really good...
the UMC chipset like the good old clones had,
AV out, and socketed chips.
best of both worlds imho.
i'm stuffing wads of cash in my disk drive right now but it doesn't seem to work.
do you accept paypal too?

Absolutely. This is top of the notch. There is not a single company that can even match the compability of this Famiclone and the best thing is that it is ALL NEW.

At the moment we do not accept PayPal, but it will be a future option.
Also, a small note. Every product in Aliexpress has to be "approved" by Aliexpress staff, so the reason why you could not use the checkout is simply because things are "pending" right now, and that is because it is Sunday (Work off). So tomorrow everything will be fine again and you should be able to use the Aliexpress Check Out.

So please just have some patience until tomorrow morning and then thing will absolutely be set up to work for anyone who wants to buy.

Hope that will help you. Sorry for the inconvinience   :-[

L___E___T

I don't think I can see the clones in the shop - did someone already buy one?  I saw a Retron 3 (I think), but no clone, am quite interested going from what is said so far.  Thanks!
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Retrospectives

Indeed we had one order of a hardware motherboard (Don't worry, we have more) but they are so SLOW to update our pending products that it's really annoying. But please check in asap and there will be a couple of more products added! Sorry for the inconvinience but Aliexpress staff is really slow  :'(

number47

Do you plan to start selling UMC ppus and cpus also? I need to replace PPU in two clones that I own.

Retrospectives

February 09, 2015, 12:55:20 am #12 Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 01:59:44 am by Retrospectives
Hello. Funny that you mention it because I just started to upload more hardware kits and we will sell UMC-branded PPU and CPU including X-tal for those of you who have faulty Famiclones or if you just want to switch from PAL to NTSC.  :cherry:

But as always, the Aliexpress takes FOREVER to confirm our uploaded products :'( :'( :'(. My wife talked to them in the customer service and they say that normally it takes up to 72(!!!!!!) hours for them to confirm the "approval pending" products that are being uploaded. At least on Ebay you can simply upload things directly...But well, good things to come and yes, we will have what you need, don't worry  :)

Post Merge: February 09, 2015, 01:59:44 am

While we are waiting :bub: for the SLOW Aliexpress people to confirm our uploads, i will give you a little teaser of our new motherboard. As you can see it uses all the brand new parts, although some parts that were exclusive to this console like the expansion port we are looking into a good solution but this is how a brand new hardware famiclone might look like (from our perspective).  :)

Spoiler
[close]

And for those of you who are wondering about the AV module. YES, we will sell it separately including a bridge connector.

Spoiler
[close]

Finally we earlier had these in stock, but were all sold out to a Japanese company but we do consider to take them into sale again (although they will be more expensive than the first model. But it does removed the "cutting into plastic" issue since it can use the old RF-Hole... :cherry:

Spoiler
[close]

L___E___T

Looks good - how much are you retailing these for?  What does the outer housing / casing look like?
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Retrospectives

February 09, 2015, 02:31:04 am #14 Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 03:40:06 am by Retrospectives
55 USD in our shop at Aliexpress and that's the only way we can sell right now because we are waiting for PayPal to verify our account there but yes, it would cost around the same with PayPal since they also take out commission. And this is ALL NEW. To my knowledge there haven't been produced a true hardware famiclone in more than 25 years at least (give or take a couple of years), so this is really something different from other knock-off clones and can by all means be compared to the old Micro Genius and those kind of Hardware clones from back in the days!

As far as housing goes, it will need to be provided by the buyer because at the moment we have not invested in molds and such things and since this is basically assembled by hand we do not want to order a big rack of cases because it would be a too big investment if they won't get sold.

So the best thing is to buy a cheap glob-top knockoff thing that looks like a real famicom and put it inside that, build your own, or do as the arcade guys do it (consider it as just another bare mobo) haha.  :)

Post Merge: February 09, 2015, 03:40:06 am

.................And we are up and running with a few new updated products like some Famiclones and the DIY-8-Bit motherboard. Please feel free to take a look. Will update more things that will probably come up tomorrow!!! :)