Welcome to our ebay store: retrospectives2000

Started by Retrospectives, January 30, 2015, 08:41:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

prince tomato

Quote from: Lord-Raziel on October 08, 2015, 07:31:52 am
Hi Retrospectives,

Is there a way to include a 72 pin connector or maybe a dual 72 and 60 pins? that would be good for people that have NES games in their personal collection, I've already have an American NES Top Loader (besides my AV Famicom) but I can grab another NES Top Loader shell from a non working console for housing your board.

i don't mean to but in or anwer your question Lord Raziel,
but one possibility why the 72-pin connector is not already present could be the price.
including that carts slot would be very handy,
i agree, but it might make the board more expensive than the price of a cartridge converter for instance.
this is ofcourse just speculation by me,
and nobody was asking me anything,
so i'll just shut up now  ;D

aarkay14

Yes Yes!! .. a 72 PIN slot and <somehow> a floppy drive in place of FDS would make this complete and people will buy this in a heartbeat!

- Rama

XC-3730C

Floppy drive FDS...I like that. I am one of those guys that prefers disks even though FDS is emulated on Power Pak and N8.

prince tomato

i've played these newer noac-only carts that do not work on original hardware and discrete clones on the DIY VGA/RGB board, and all of them work perfectly,
even the NOAC-only Waixing carts work perfectly on it.

Retrospectives

Hello all and sorry for the late replies lately. It has been a very busy time for me personally but I will try to answer as good as I can:

Is it possible to add a 72-Pin cartridge slot for the NES games? Well, since the FC and NES (NTSC versions) are more or less identical when it comes to the CPU it would in theory not be a big issue to do that. The issue is rather that it would take some time to re-draw the hardware itself to fit two slots and right now I personally do not have that time. But indeed, it is a great idea and do not get turned off by my reply because I will make my best to realize this concept since it is clearly a matter of time (and a bit of an investment but it is doable).

When it comes to using normal standard 2DD or HDD floppies running FDS games or even ROM files, then it would require to build an FPGA core that not only replicates the PPU but also the CPU and what we would end up with is a FC simulator which then would write the ROM or DSK files into RAM or even a Flash ROM which we already have with the Everdrive or similar flash devices, so personally I might think that this is a little bit too far off from the original idea to just create a simple FPGA core for the video signals and still maintaining the cartridge slot so that people can play their games as they were "intended to play".

But never say never. It is doable. Heck. If we reversed engineered the CPU totally we could even build a FPGA core that could remove the need of any external hardware like cartridges or floppies, but that kind of defeats the point of collecting the hardware (or software).

So to answer your questions about floppies in a simple way: Yes, it is fully possible in theory but as for this moment it is for me personally it does not really have that high priority.  ;)

poipo32

Will you be putting your items back on Aliexpress?
Aliexpress has a much more advantageous exchange for me than paypal or my credit card.

Retrospectives

Hello all people.

First of all. I want to tell you that I have been abundant for a longer while and therefore I haven't been in charge of anything regarding this business (my wife has been in charge). That means that some mistakes might have been made and although our Ebay shop is totally working fine I wanted to say that now I am back and everything should be up and running more smoothly.

We are constantly looking for new things that might be attractive for FC users and we are glad to announce that now we are selling a FC to USB dumping board that makes it available to dump FC cartridges directly from a cartridge slot which means that no more desoldering of ROM-files are required.

Please check our Ebay shop for more information:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272240751917?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Regarding all other things like PM and information about what has been going on, I have replied to all now. I am terribly sorry about this delay. Anyway, manufacturers and other players in the game of business is another part why we have been a little bit delayed of things but that's totally no excuse. I will shape up in the future. I am sorry that some of you had to wait particulary long for your parcels to arrive.

Thanks.

jpx72

Wow how does your dumping device handle different mappers? Can you please show us the software?

famifan

Quote from: jpx72 on May 15, 2016, 12:40:31 pm
Wow how does your dumping device handle different mappers? Can you please show us the software?

perhaps, it's just kazzo https://osdn.jp/projects/unagi/wiki/kazzo_intro_en

retroric

July 15, 2017, 12:29:05 pm #69 Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 12:37:52 pm by retroric
Hi Leo,

I got the first edition v2 of your VGA board.
A great machine but.. as of today it starts glitching the backgrounds and texts.
The characters are all fine.
We already tried switching the cpu but it did not help, the pin connector is completely clean.
Can you help me solve my problem.

Thank you

Ric :bub:

prince tomato

Quote from: retroric on July 15, 2017, 12:29:05 pm
Hi Leo,

I got the first edition v2 of your VGA board.
A great machine but.. as of today it starts glitching the backgrounds and texts.
The characters are all fine.
We already tried switching the cpu but it did not help, the pin connector is completely clean.
Can you help me solve my problem.

Thank you

Ric :bub:

similar problem here,
sent pm,
awaiting reply.