Anyone else love the last Nintendo Direct on April 1st?

Started by zmaster18, April 04, 2015, 05:59:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

zmaster18

The last Nintendo Direct totally blew me away. It was like a mini E3! Some of my favourite parts of the video were the new Animal Crossing Amiibo game, Mario Kart 8's 200cc mode, Yoshi Wooly World (before I didn't care about it, but now I'm intrigued), the 3DS streetpass games, and the new things being added to Smash Bros.

Animal Crossing and Mario Kart are my most-played games, so I'm especially excited for those. Now MK8 is as fast as F-Zero. They better announce a new F-Zero at E3 though!!!!  >:(

manuel

It was okay. (I watched the Japanese one.)
I wanted release dates for Mario Maker and Yoshi's Woolly World and got neither.

nurd

i felt the same way about wooly world, didn't care at all before but now i might just have to get it :v

manuel

I wanted it from the second they showed the first image.
I'm a huge fan of Yoshi, and I also like the art style a lot.  :yoshi:

UglyJoe

Yarn Yoshi Amiibo!  It's made of yarn, but is still an Amiibo.

manuel

I think I'll have to get that yarn Yoshi Amiibo. Until now I've resisted all of them...

zmaster18

The Yoshi Amiibo is just genius. A stuffed animal to be used with a game is frigging smart.

I'm even more interested in Animal Crossing's Amiibo. I used to have a lot of Animal Crossing e-cards for the e-reader and this is like the next best thing! I wonder if these new cards are going to be plastic or paper?

nintendodork

I think Amiibo cards are a great idea so people can have the in-game features of Amiibo without having to spend money/space on figures. On the other hand, half of the reason I would ever buy an Amiibo is because I like a certain character a lot, so the figure is just a nice decoration.

I don't know how you guys weren't interested in Wooly World until now. I've been really excited for a long time. That art style is something that you just can't overlook. Yarn Yoshi Amiibos are a must for me, too. I really hope they release the bundle they announced in Europe in North America, because I have a feeling that, otherwise, the Amiibos will be difficult to come across on their own. I'm not sure why it's being released so much earlier in Europe than it is in North America and Japan, either. I also hope the bundles have every color available, because I can't decide if I want a green or a blue one yet.

More than anything, though, I am SO excited for Lucas and Mewtwo in Smash 4. SO EXCITED.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat