Recording WAV Programs to Cassette tape

Started by famiac, March 09, 2015, 10:01:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

famiac

I'm trying to record a wav cassette game backup to tape.

Can i just use the line out from my PC to play back into the famicom data recorder's input? What volume level should i use?

I'm not asking just for family basic, but for old computer programs in general. The only cassette recorder i have is the data recorder.

Thanks

80sFREAK

If you can buy new tapes, use tape recorder - it's easier and you don't have to keep PC running. Another option is smartphone.
I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

P

I was never successful using a PC, so I'm also just using cassette tapes with a generic tape recorder.

jpx72

I use my old MP3 player, it has recording function through line in so its perfect.

famiac

Hah, i'm trying to make a cassette for my sharp X1.

P

So then you need cassette tapes after all. It doesn't work?

famiac

number47

I'm having flashback-attack. Around 20 years ago we had ZX-spectrum and some random neighbor's kid from next house had also one. So we had this crazy idea to set up a pirate radio station "Sinclair FM", that would broadcast ZX software. I don't quite remember why, but the "project" was canceled  ;D

jpx72

Thats a brilliant idea! Could have been used in the communist era over here in the middle of Europe, to spread digital propaganda! ;D

famiac

Hah! Wow that'd be amazing.

By the way, as an update, i found a way to convert Sharp X1 tap files to wav using an old program and Audacity