April 28, 2024, 03:10:00 pm

MegaMan Battle Network

Started by Protoman, June 29, 2015, 11:44:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Protoman

So I've acquired all the Megaman Battle Network games and plan to beat them. I'm nearing the end of the first one now and these are my stats

700 HP, 5p in Power and Rapid, 1 in Charge(I don't use charge), Wood Armor

My biggest question now is, does it matter which armor I have? Doesn't all of them protect the same amount, and just have different elements it's weak to? Woodarmor is weak to fire but it protects against anything
else as well as any other armor, does it not?

And does anyone know where I can find an Invis3 chip?

L___E___T

I played them all at launch back when the GBA was fresh, from the first through to BN4 I think, or 5, (I forget), but I found them very enjoyable for me at the time, despite the grindfest.

Armor doesn't necesarily matter for the end boss, I think he uses all the different elemental attacks - mainly electricity though so I think I used wood too (this is going back ten years ago mind!)

Invis3 chip I definitely remember getting - have you checked the FAQs?  I had a lot of fun finding and beating the hidden bosses afterwards as well.  It's a treat for Megaman fans.

Definitely check out the Gamecube game as well, once you've beaten the first one or two games I'd suggest.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Protoman

Well I have already beaten all these (except 4.5) and the GC one, but that was all with cheats, and it was like 10 years ago, like you.

No I haven't checked all the faqs yet for chip locations, will do that.

The post-game content is good for those who want it but I'm not bothering. Although fighting Bass would be cool, all the battle conditions etc on the way are going to be too hard.

I like these games though because they are action-RPGs with more action than RPG, and it does justice to Megaman. Star Force was unnecessary in my opinion (as was ZX)

L___E___T

I'm with you on the ZX and Starforce games - those stripped away what I liked and I didn't go for them, I'm sure the gameplay is decent, but I love the characters, I didn't like the change.

I do think it's worth going after those bosses, I remember thinking is it worth it as well but those were the best part for me, especially the Bass fight.  

Getting those boss chips to use against the last boss was worth it ;)

大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

P

I never beat the second game and haven't even touched the ZX or Starforce games as I heard they were dubbed.

I don't think armor and such matters too much for the final boss as he isn't the hardest part in the game. I don't remember me having any trouble and I didn't grind much to get rare chips. But for the secret bosses I imagine you need to be prepared (I just beat the game, didn't fight Bass).

L___E___T

Basically from what I recall the secret bosses show up in various parts of the internet when you are over level 70 I think.

They'll show up again and again if I recall correctly, but you need to beat them pretty flawlessly to get their chips.

For me that was fun, it's almost as if you're fighting against yourself (like a ghost lap etc.) and trying not to screw up, so it gets tense and the bosses can be elusive.

All in all that was the best for me, seeing those bosses and their redesigns.  The animation on Shadowman is sublime.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。