Famicom QDC ( manufactured FDSLoaderSaver )

Started by zmaster18, July 09, 2015, 01:47:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Great Hierophant

Loopy's device simply unlocks the Famicom Disk System's potential, is reasonable at the price point and the software is now sufficiently mature.  The command line utility will now load FDS images to the device's EEPROM and save images in the EEPROM to FDS file.  Of course it would be nice to have an LCD display and forward and back buttons and more space, but that is a much more complicated project more in the QDC's range.
Check out my retro gaming and computing blog : http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/

P

Yeah well in that case I would prefer to have SD card storage, better buttons and large LCD with menu. Won't be cheap though.

FDSSick is finally out! No more discount but I guess it's still cheaper than the QDC. For now Loopy takes orders outside of US too but when they will be available on Tototek he will let Tomy handle all international orders (I guess it's cheaper to ship from there too).

Makes me want to start making my own FDS programs. :)

Arkanix38

Got my QDC today from Japan (3 days shipping from Japan!?!?!). It works perfectly and I couldn't be happier. I have my FC Disk Drive set up next to my PC with all my unused NINIENDO disks and my twin fami set up on my TV to play them. Already backed up my official disks and rewritten them without failure. Two aligned drives, a QDC and a bunch of blank/pirate trash disks are seriously making my life amazing right now.