Eggerland

Started by Doc, July 30, 2006, 12:05:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Slushie

I'm so happy ;D I wanted to post on here.

I have been searching ebay for Eggerland everyday for awhile now, with not one result.
The other week I got a result, and bought the game within a few minutes of doing so.

I just got Eggerland for the FDS in the mail today, and it looks great. Lolo looks like he has fur on the cover. A picture is below.

Now all I need is an actual Famicom Disk System to play it. lol :D

And getting back to what I said before in this topic, I really hope to see some Eggerland info on the site in the future. ;D

Doc

That's some creepy cover art...good game nontheless.

michaelthegreat

That is pretty cool!  At a quick glance, I thought he has a smoking gun because of the shine at the top of the key....   :o     ;D

Doc

He looks like a furball, lol.

Slushie

Quote from: FamicomJL on August 18, 2006, 02:06:36 am
He looks like a furball, lol.

lol, yeah. I kind of like the cart image in a way. It's kind of mystical, makes it seem more serious that he save Lala.

Anyway, I really want to try and get the other Eggerlands for the Famicom, and the first Eggerland game for the MSX. I must collect them all. :D

I don't know why I love the Lolo/Eggerland series so much, I just do. :P

Doc

Maybe because it's a fun series? :P

JC

It's an awesome series, and I too love that cover art -- it's mysterious and dark. Say, does anyone know if there's anything different about Eggerland from the NES versions?

Slushie

August 20, 2006, 01:22:47 pm #8 Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 01:25:38 pm by Slushie
Quote from: JC on August 20, 2006, 10:58:41 am
It's an awesome series, and I too love that cover art -- it's mysterious and dark. Say, does anyone know if there's anything different about Eggerland from the NES versions?

Yes, there are a few differences. First the graphics, they look a bit different, not as finely tuned, for one, Eggerland has black floors, compared to the brick flooring in Lolo. Also, Eggerlands got more rooms, while Lolo's got less easier rooms. Alot of challenging rooms were taken out of Adventures of Lolo, because they thought people overseas couldn't handle these harder rooms. (Same with SMB2J)

This is one of the main reasons I want the Eggerlands and a system to play them on, I will be able to play the Lolo game I love, but with new harder rooms I have never experiences before.

Also, the first Eggerland showed up on the MSX, it wasn't as advanced as the the future Eggerlands/Lolos, but still had the same similar great concept. It sure surprised gamers with its style.

Below is a Screenshot from Eggerland, and the same room from Adventures of Lolo. Notice the differences. And remember, the manual describes the castle as Haunted, so Eggerlands having a darker look does make sense.

Doc

That is just SO COOL! Damn, I'd like to play the games now!

*Actually Slushie, I have an Eggerland rom...* :)

JC

Man, I hate that. You put up those great screenshots, clearly showing differences -- you talk about the new levels :o -- and now I'll have to buy Eggerland. :(

Were all three Lolos made for the FDS? Or Famicom and FDS?

Doc

FDS I believe. I think I have the ROM. I can pass it out to everyone if they want. :)

Slushie

The other Adventures of Lolos were released in Japan, but they were named a number behind.

You see, the first Adventures of Lolo was called "Eggerland - Revival of the Labyrinth" in Japan.
Adventures of Lolo 2 was called Adventures of Lolo in Japan.
And Adventures of Lolo 3 was named Adventures of Lolo 2 in Japan.

Although Adventures of Lolo(Japan) got the newer graphics, brick flooring and such.

But the Japan Adventures of Lolo and Adventures of Lolo 2, still got some different rooms.
So if you were to ever buy them, you would be playing some new rooms.

Doc

Ahh, okay. Does the storyline change at all?

Slushie

The storyline is a little different in the Japenese versions. But for each game the storyline is essentially the same, Lala has been kidnapped, and Lolo must go through the castle and solve the puzzles to get her back. (Well, the story for the first couple Lolos, different on the 3rd.) But still essentially the same storyline for all the Lolos.