Mitsumi Quickdisks

Started by cubelmariomadness, September 22, 2015, 04:21:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cubelmariomadness

They were an old disk format that was used, in modified form, by the FDS. Does anyone know where to find diskettes? I think they're so old/obscure that most have disappeared.

I'd be willing to buy stacks of diskettes.

Thanks!
Sorry folks.

P

I think regular QDs is more rare than FDS diskettes though.

cubelmariomadness

Yeah, that's what I feared. Oh well.
Sorry folks.

80sFREAK

They are not that rare, but much more expensive. Buy cheap FDS disks, rewrite them... PROFIT
I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

XC-3730C

What are QD'S worth these days? I have two Roland 10-paks sitting around...

aguerrero810

i was thinking about buying some Roland's from eBay, but i was concerned with needing to modify them. I'd rather go with buying pirate disks if i want a non Nintendo one. (like the turbo dick :P)

XC-3730C

As I understand, QD's working on FDS requires cutting the tabs off the sides, and attaching something on the spine to make it longer

famiac

I have about 70. I got them for a really low price a long time ago. No idea how to modify them properly/well enough, though.

Arkanix38

I have a few of the clips that go on the back of them to extend the QD's for use in the FDS. Got them with a lot of pirate disks I nabbed on ebay a few years back

tofufo

Hi everybody, would like to have pinout of the Mitsumi QD drive (18pin) connected with the FMD POWER-02 in my FDS, please. Any infos will be appreciated. Thank you.