High Score Challenge. Live 01/01/2016 Game 3 - Donkey Kong

Started by DahrenDreamcast, October 20, 2015, 04:55:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

P

Yeah Tengen version is programmed from scratch by different people so there's no way to tell what consequences at will have on the score.

But this isn't really a that serious competition so I think using a pirate of the Namco version is fine. Although there's no telling if the pirate was hacked in some way that affects gameplay.

chowder

21340.  Good lord, this game is tricky.  I need to work on the patterns.

DDCecil

21490 on the version on the CoolBoy 400 in 1 multi (If that's okay - It does list the ghosts in Japanese on the attract screen, so I'm 110% sure it's the Namco version  :D):

DahrenDreamcast

Updated the scoreboard. Sorry for not getting involved..i'm personally without a pac-man cart.
If anyone in the UK can help out, please send a PM :-)

:)
Nintendo Child <3

zmaster18

I also don't have a Pacman at the moment. The next game should be one that everybody has, a game that is stupidly common. Maybe Donkey Kong or DK Jr. ?

DahrenDreamcast

I'd vote for DK Or Jnr...I've been really busy and had some work too...I'm suddenly running out of time to get pac-man...
sorry.
Nintendo Child <3

zmaster18

Maybe we can even play a game like Super Mario Bros. for score. Even though you typically play just to beat the game, It would be fun to see who gets the best score. That's actually pretty challenging if you don't use warps. I'm not even sure if I can beat it twice in a row, all 32 levels. I kinda consider myself a Super Mario Bros. master, as it is my all time favourite game and I believe it is also a perfect 11 out of 10 masterpiece.

DahrenDreamcast

Nintendo Child <3

P

OK I finaly got to play some Pac-Man and here's my hi-score so far. Bad picture but the hi-score should be discernible:

35520 pts (melon level)

DahrenDreamcast

Sorry again...I just couldn't get this game in time!
Have updated the leader-board.
Still 5 days to get on there guys  :)
Nintendo Child <3

DahrenDreamcast

Okay, Game 2 finished. Well done P and everyone that got involved.

I'll put Donkey Kong Forward for next month..Because, 1 - I have it! and 2, I'm not very good at it..so would be nice to see what others can get up to.

Anyone else want to suggest this..or something else.

I Have ordered pac-man, and i'll see what kind of scores I can get when it arrives.

Merry Christmas Wishes too.  :)
Nintendo Child <3

DahrenDreamcast

Okay Guys, as this has gone a bit quiet and we're coming up for the 1st, as a few of have already said Donkey Kong...
I'm going to make the high score challenge donkey kong! I also have this game, so will get involved..i hope you will too.

:)
Nintendo Child <3

P

Everybody voted for Pac-Man but no one joined in. I had no motivation to improve my score when I was already in the lead from the start. :(

Donkey Kong, great! I'm in as soon as I have time to play it.
I'm assuming the original Famicom version (no cement factory, too bad). PAL NES version is probably fine too (I guess NTSC NES version is identical to the Famicom version).

DahrenDreamcast

Yes, sorry P...I couldn't get a pac-man cart in time...
I'll defo join in for DK on the 1st...
and if someone puts in a game I don't have after next months challenge, i'll try be quicker to get the game  :)
Nintendo Child <3

kiwidaveinjapan

Let's start these DK scores rolling! 8)
65600 - not too shabby, expect some improvement over the next few days (public holidays mean i can play all day here in J-Land)