Price Check

Started by Dain, July 25, 2007, 02:48:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fredJ

I have seen it in YAJ a few times and would estimate its value there to be around 5000-7500 yen, which is less than 100$.
But I haven't followed such things closely so forgive me, I could be wrong.
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

Phosphora

Quote from: fredJ on April 29, 2012, 03:33:10 pm
I have seen it in YAJ a few times and would estimate its value there to be around 5000-7500 yen, which is less than 100$.
But I haven't followed such things closely so forgive me, I could be wrong.

Well, even if it was only worth $20 I'd still say that I got a great deal.  :)

fredJ

I wonder why Motomo Abunai Deka is so expensive? I just gave away a copy for 5$, didn't think much of it.

scaryice

Quote from: fredJ on May 05, 2012, 11:56:38 am
I wonder why Motomo Abunai Deka is so expensive? I just gave away a copy for 5$, didn't think much of it.

It is?

Medisinyl

Can't seem to find any information on this boxed converter I have (have had it for years now).  Allows NES games to be played on the Famicom.  Looking to sell it soon, but have no idea what it's worth.  Any ideas?

Parodius Duh

most 72-60 pins usually go for $20-25. Id say since this has the original box it might be worth a few bucks more.

lobdale

Quote from: scaryice on May 07, 2012, 06:12:06 pm
Quote from: fredJ on May 05, 2012, 11:56:38 am

It is?

It's kind of a nostalgic pop-cultural item in Japan since it was based on a detective TV show/movie franchise, so it's probably in kind of high demand like that celebrity game of the comedian who was arrested for sexual harassment and the Hitler/Guevara games.

fredJ

I see, thanks. Combined with it being somewhat rare uncommon.

It's the other way around for all those Disney games, pop-cultural in the west but relatively cheap in Japan, even when they are uncommon.

I never quite understood why Duck Tales is such so popular NES game. Sure "The Moon" is a nice song, but it is only like 20 seconds long. The game also takes less time to complete than watching an episode of Duck Tales. One of the most overrated NES games, imho.

Thankfully, the Japanese have better taste. Motomo Abunai Deka is a crappy game but at least it takes some effort to complete.  :D And I'd take Doraemon over Chip'n Dales any day.  :P

fiksiarz

Hi all.
I have as yet a modest collection of games and I wanted to ask how much it would cost individual cartridges
my collection is located on the World Wide Web: www.fiksiarz.pl

Parodius Duh

Quote from: fiksiarz on May 10, 2012, 06:41:49 am
Hi all.
I have as yet a modest collection of games and I wanted to ask how much it would cost individual cartridges
my collection is located on the World Wide Web: www.fiksiarz.pl

It really depends, some of those carts I wouldnt even pay you a penny for, others are upwards of $20....PM me if you want a complete list.

sconley666

Just curious as it would play better than U-four-ia (PAL) in my NTSC NES, what does Hebereke go for?  Its a great game but the 200$ price tag on a game that won't run at the correct speed is kind of a deterrent.  Plus I could get a lot of other great games for $200 instead of just one that will run at an incorrect speed.
Also sconley666 on NintendoAge

Parodius Duh

Quote from: sconley666 on May 16, 2012, 06:40:36 pm
Just curious as it would play better than U-four-ia (PAL) in my NTSC NES, what does Hebereke go for?  Its a great game but the 200$ price tag on a game that won't run at the correct speed is kind of a deterrent.  Plus I could get a lot of other great games for $200 instead of just one that will run at an incorrect speed.

Hebereke cart only generally goes for $60-80

as for Ufouria at $200, whoever is trying to sell it for that price is a scumbag. And Ufouria just doesnt run at the incorrect speed on a US/Canada NTSC system, it also suffers from quite a few graphical glitches.

sconley666

HAHAHA the scumbag is on feeBay and probably an NA member....either way I have always been confused about the whole pal to ntsc thing.  It is one of those things that the more I hear the more confused I get.  Maybe one day I will have the opportunity to try it out.  Thanks for the pc on that it is nice to know.  Again, Famicom games being cheaper.  wild.
Also sconley666 on NintendoAge

Phosphora

Price check on this NTSC NES-sized multi-cart?

famiac

Price check on a cib good condition copy of hebereke please?