Price Check

Started by Dain, July 25, 2007, 02:48:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

Very hard to find. Funny thing is they sell for only a few bucks in China. By the time they make it to eBay or forums, the price is in the hundreds. I think someone was asking $700 for the FFVII CIB. It's hard to put a value on them. It depends on the level of sanity of the buyer.

mobiusclimber

Quote from: JC on January 31, 2009, 11:18:51 pm
Very hard to find. Funny thing is they sell for only a few bucks in China. By the time they make it to eBay or forums, the price is in the hundreds. I think someone was asking $700 for the FFVII CIB. It's hard to put a value on them. It depends on the level of sanity of the buyer.

My wife has family in China, so I have a 16 year old girl and her friends scouring the shops for it, but no luck so far. Any idea what would be some good places to look?
Proud owner of Super Smash Games in Tacoma and Seattle

manuel

It depends where in China that is.
I could be wrong, but I think chances of finding stuff are higher in bigger cities. Shanghai, Beijing or the likes.

mobiusclimber

Ok yeah, she's in Sichuan, around Huili County (?) I think. Should have asked her to check when she went to the embassy for her Visa application. XD

manuel

Sounds ok to me for findig pirated stuff. She should try markets and smaller side-roads maybe.

mobiusclimber

Quote from: manuel on February 04, 2009, 01:32:48 am
Sounds ok to me for findig pirated stuff. She should try markets and smaller side-roads maybe.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll pass it along. :)

FAMICOMfag

I don't feel like making a whole thread just for something so small so I'll just ask here... Does anybody know what's the best adapter to play NES games on a FAMICOM ? And the best place to get one (best prices) ?

thanks

nintendodork

HoneyBee is the best, but it's also the most expensive...
You could post a WTB thread for one.  I'm sure someone on the site would be willing to sell you one :)
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

FAMICOMfag

Aren't honeybee ones made to play famicom games on a nes ? I'm looking for the other way round..

nintendodork

They also made a HoneyBee converter that did it the other way around..
Here's some info :) http://www.famicomworld.com/Doodads/HoneyBee_Adaptor_Gold_72.htm
It's a tiny little thing
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

FAMICOMfag

Oh thanks for the info. Well   if anyone has one to sell, I'm your man  ;D

nintendodork

Once again, I suggest to make your own WTB thread...that's what this board is for ;)

Tupin

Okay, a few price checks on Disk System games...

The Goonies (the Disk System version)
Ai Senshi Nicol
Nazo no Murasamejou
Arumana No Kiseki

Tupin

Any idea on the Disk System version of The Goonies?

I have a feeling it was a Disk Writer game...

Tupin

Seriously, how can DONKEY KONG be so expensive?!

I can't find it cheaper than $20 anywhere. And that's loose.