Price Check

Started by Dain, July 25, 2007, 02:48:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pirate

A pink cart with Sonic & Knuckles on label,probably not official.

MasterDisk

How's the title screen?

pirate

I dont know,because i didnt buy it yet.

MasterDisk

pirate

MasterDisk

Oh Sonic & Tails.

It's the NT copy. About $20 I guess...

pirate

Yes,Tails,sorry for misinformation.
Thanks.

Phosphora

I was curious what bootleg FDS disks go for that are not simple copies to official yellow Nintendo disks, but the ones with different colored cases and no Nintendo logo? I understand that prices will vary from a common released title vs a rare original pirate title, and I know that this question can't be answered with 100% certainty. Guess I'm just looking for a general range ($X - $XXX).
I'm new to the FDS hobby and dig the pirate disks, but I don't want to make any ill-informed purchases.

Also, is there any monetary value at all to justify the prices of the wide assortment of copied disks on ebay?
Thanks.  :-[

Parodius Duh

pirated disks of common games are super cheap, only a few dollars each...

ericj

Pirated disks are typically cheap, but the quality varies and they aren't the easiest to find, especially if you're in the US.

As for the rewritten disks on eBay, it probably depends on what you're buying and how much it is. If you don't have a setup to allow you to write disks, it costs a bit in $ and time to get it going.

I offer a disk rewriting service if you're interested and also have some pirated disks I can write to. PM me for details.

pirate

Any idea about that cards ?

Parodius Duh

Snow Bros, Kickmaster are pretty common, maybe $5-6 usd each. If thats New Ghostbusters 2 then like $15-20, Adventure Island 4 is like $20, and Im not sure what the top cart is, super bros. 10? if it is maybe like $10-15

pirate

Phosphora

Does Eprom vs Prom vs Glob-top matter on value in general? My Rockman 3 Pirate is one of those heavy carts.

Parodius Duh

April 15, 2012, 09:19:53 am #974 Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 09:26:51 am by Parodius Duh
Quote from: Phosphora on April 15, 2012, 01:10:18 am
Does Eprom vs Prom vs Glob-top matter on value in general? My Rockman 3 Pirate is one of those heavy carts.

ABSOLUTELY!  Globtops are cheap ass half assed way of doing things. Only time globtops are of value is if its a really obscure and rare title, like an FDS port of a game not released in cart form in the US/Japan/Europe or something. Always go for heavy pirates with chips. Some sellers though dont really care, and will still try to charge an arm and a leg for globtop carts, usually the sellers on ebay.....I wont name names but 2 of them are members here as well, whom I fully avoid. (anyone PM me if you want to avoid being burned as well)

But unfortunately your rockman 3, even though its chips, still isnt worth more than about $8.  :P