Price Check

Started by Dain, July 25, 2007, 02:48:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

speedy74

Anyone know how much solstice II going for ??

Squidburger

My friend is interested in selling his CIB and mint Asian version NES with a couple CIB games.
The games are Super Mario Bros, and two Hi Q Spica games.  One is a multicart, the other is some sort of Disney game.   I can find very little information on the system and games, what would a fair price be for them?

JC

Hard to say, since I don't know much about it. I'd think it could get close to $100, maybe more as a package. I see CIB Asian systems listed for $80 quite often, but I don't know if they sell. Better place to find out is NintendoAGE.

atreyu187

Just bought this and was wondering if I got ripped off so I figured I would se what you all think it is worth before i reveal the price. Behold my new A/V and Power LED modded NES model 2.

NintendoKing

December 15, 2008, 07:50:23 pm #229 Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 08:04:27 pm by JC
Quote from: atreyu187 on December 15, 2008, 06:27:08 pm
Just bought this and was wondering if I got ripped off so I figured I would se what you all think it is worth before i reveal the price. Behold my new A/V and Power LED modded NES model 2.

That should be between 75 - 90$; no more then that.
As tampered systems are worthless in some cases; simply because NES 2 is already rare and messing with a rare system is not good.

EDIT: Removed quoted images.  --JC

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: The Uninvited Gremlin on December 15, 2008, 07:50:23 pm

I don't know... was it just what you have in your hand right now?  I bought a non-modded NES Model 2 for $100 w/ standard NES controllers & the standard model 1 AC adaptor. :-\

NintendoKing

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on December 15, 2008, 08:56:14 pm
Quote from: The Uninvited Gremlin on December 15, 2008, 07:50:23 pm

I don't know... was it just what you have in your hand right now?  I bought a non-modded NES Model 2 for $100 w/ standard NES controllers & the standard model 1 AC adaptor. :-\

Ouch, on ebay I bought a non-modded NES model 2, with 2 square controllers, 2 NES Max Controllers, a Zapper and 3 games for 75$.
Games - Double Dragon, Dragon Warrior and Hogans Alley

When did you buy your NES 2?

Was it before 2006, because they were worth more then... Stupid Yobo's, Retro Duo's, Generation NEX and such caused the official toploader to lose value sadly.

NES 2, 101 Toploader has suffered badly because of clone systems; like 2005 it was worth 125$ - 175$ then like 2006 and on it quickly dropped in value to its now worth of $50 - 80.

*cries*
Damn, you clone systems and
Cheap Americans that choose to buy a clone over the real thing!!!

atreyu187

Dude Top loaders are easy to come but I know where more than 5 are for under $60. I paid $100 shipped with one controller and 14 loose NES games but some great one's like Dragon Warrior, SMB3, MT Punch Out and more. I absolutely hate RFU signals and it is what has kept me from rebuying a NES, well that and the fact I will not buy a toaster again. So I saw this and drooled and snatched it up asap. I just wish a RGB mod was easier to preform as it is my only console that isn't able to output RGB display's but it is till bounds above RFU any day of the week. So it seems as if I didn't over pay that much, he was asking $175 plus shipping but offered him $100 shipped and he scooped it up. :)

ericj

Quote from: atreyu187 on December 16, 2008, 07:29:14 am
I absolutely hate RFU signals and it is what has kept me from rebuying a NES, well that and the fact I will not buy a toaster again.

The NES toaster comes with composite outputs, not just RF.  ;)

atreyu187

Yes and they come with blinking light most of the time to ;) I don't want the hassle and have always wanted a Top loader as the reason I sold mine was blinking lights. And yes they can be repaired but who wants to do that?

PatMan33

*shrug*

I'll fix it for you for... 50 bucks. >_>

But really, it only takes about ten minutes and a monkey could do it.

NintendoKing

Quote from: atreyu187 on December 16, 2008, 07:29:14 am
Dude Top loaders are easy to come but I know where more than 5 are for under $60. I paid $100 shipped with one controller and 14 loose NES games but some great one's like Dragon Warrior, SMB3, MT Punch Out and more. I absolutely hate RFU signals and it is what has kept me from rebuying a NES, well that and the fact I will not buy a toaster again. So I saw this and drooled and snatched it up asap. I just wish a RGB mod was easier to preform as it is my only console that isn't able to output RGB display's but it is till bounds above RFU any day of the week. So it seems as if I didn't over pay that much, he was asking $175 plus shipping but offered him $100 shipped and he scooped it up. :)

They arent easy to come by, I have seen 2 in person during my lifetime.
The other one I saw was in a gaming store but it wasnt for sale they only had it to demonstrate how much better the toploader was then the toaster.

None of my friends had even seen one until I showed them mine; so if you have a store with 5 of them I want to see that store.

I could buy them at 60$ bring them back here and sell them for 85$ or more to people.

atreyu187

Man there is Gametraders and Games Express here and both have multiple ones for sale. As a matter of a fact they don't even keep toasters out in display cases as they try to push toploaders. And I could repair it as well but when I got rid of it on the early 90's when the replacements weren't readily avalible. Besides I don't want to have to repair a console I just want it to work so I got this as I won't have ot worry about that problem. Kinda like a 360 in my mind you just know that one day instead of a RRoD you are waiting on a blinking light. Sure they are both easy to fix but I would rather just avoid it if possible. In this case I got a neat little toploader and in M$ case I threw it in te trash and never got another :lol:

If you want one I will get you one for $60 or I can point you to several people online that you can pay via paypal and have the security of paypal.  Everyone says the SNES 2 is expensive but I only paid $20 for mine, well $29 shipped as I chose a flat rate box over UPS for my shipping.

hXXp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290273559863

PatMan33

Quote from: atreyu187 on December 16, 2008, 02:22:19 pmIf you want one I will get you one for $60

You're buying? Sign me up!

NintendoKing

Quote from: atreyu187 on December 16, 2008, 02:22:19 pm
Man there is Gametraders and Games Express here and both have multiple ones for sale. As a matter of a fact they don't even keep toasters out in display cases as they try to push toploaders. And I could repair it as well but when I got rid of it on the early 90's when the replacements weren't readily avalible. Besides I don't want to have to repair a console I just want it to work so I got this as I won't have ot worry about that problem. Kinda like a 360 in my mind you just know that one day instead of a RRoD you are waiting on a blinking light. Sure they are both easy to fix but I would rather just avoid it if possible. In this case I got a neat little toploader and in M$ case I threw it in te trash and never got another :lol:

If you want one I will get you one for $60 or I can point you to several people online that you can pay via paypal and have the security of paypal.  Everyone says the SNES 2 is expensive but I only paid $20 for mine, well $29 shipped as I chose a flat rate box over UPS for my shipping.

hXXp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290273559863

Really? Cool.