Price Check

Started by Dain, July 25, 2007, 02:48:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GuanoBowl

July 04, 2009, 04:54:33 pm #405 Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 09:49:13 pm by JC
I am wanting to sell my Famicom collection because it has no purpose in my closet.  But I am having a really hard time valuing everything that I have.  I dont want to overprice or underprice.  Here is what I have:

The Famciom
Loose Common Cartridges:
Jajamaru Ninpouchou   JF-22   03/28/1989   Jaleco
Jajamaru Gekimaden: Maboroshi no Kinmajou   JF-27   05/29/1990   Jaleco
Ninja-kun: Majou no Bouken   JF-03   05/10/1985   Jaleco
Ninja Jajamaru-kun   JF-06   11/15/1985   Jaleco
Asmik-kun Land   ASM-YI   12/20/1991   Asmik
Quarth   KDS-H7   04/13/1990   Konami
Miracle Ropit's Adventure in 2100   KIN-GM   08/07/1987   King Records / Animation 20
Super Chinese 3   CBF-3c   03/01/1991   Culture Brain
Challenger   HFC-CH   10/15/1985   Hudson Soft / Momo
Galaxian   NGX-4500, 01   09/07/1984   Namco
Goonies, The   RC809   02/21/1986   Konami
Space Invaders   1   04/17/1985   Taito
Antarctic Adventure   RC804   04/22/1985   Konami
Parodius da!       11/30/1990   Konami
Tetris   BPS-T0   12/22/1988   Bullet-Proof Software
Super Arabian       07/25/1985   Sunsoft
Son Son   CAP-SS   02/08/1986   Capcom
Jajamaru no Daibouken       08/22/1986   Jaleco
Kanshakudama Nage Kantarou no Toukaidou Gojuusan Tsugi       07/03/1986   Sunsoft
Youkai Douchuki       06/26/1988   Namco
Yume Penguin Monogatari       01/25/1991   Konami
Zunou Senkan Galg       12/14/1985   dB-Soft

Loose Not So Common Cartriges:
Parasol Henbee: Otogi no Kuni ha Osawagi!       02/15/1991   Epoch
Gradius II   RC832   12/16/1988   Konami
Don Doko Don   TFC-DD   03/09/1990   Taito
Over Horizon   GAM-Z6   04/26/1991   Hot-B
Wai Wai World   RC825   01/14/1988   Konami
Circus Charlie   SFC-CC   03/04/1986   Soft Pro International / Konami
Cocoron   TKR-8C   05/03/1991   Takeru
Armadillo   IGS-9T   08/09/1991   IGS
Robocco Wars       08/02/1991   IGS
Takahashi Meijin no Bugtte Honey   HFC-BH   06/05/1987   Hudson Soft
Hino Tori: Hououhen Gaou no Bouken   RC817   01/04/1987   Konami
Jyuouki       07/20/1990   Asmik
Puyo Puyo       07/23/1993   Tokuma Shoten / Compile

Loose Rare and Hard to Find Cartridges:
Gimmick!       01/31/1992   Sunsoft
Akumajou Special: Boku Dracula-kun   RC847   10/19/1990   Konami

Games with box only:
Wagyan Land       02/09/1989   Namco

Complete Games:
Hebereke       09/20/1991   Sunsoft
Wagyan Land 2       12/14/1990   Namco
Wagyan Land 3       12/08/1992   Namco
Star Wars       12/04/1987   Namco
Don Doko Don 2   41   01/31/1992   Taito

Hacked/Homebrew Games:
Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa   (I believe this is in English)
Super Mario Bros 2 (I think this is in English also) (LF36 on cartridge for game label)

Famicom Disk System Games Complete:

Ai Senshi Nicole   KDS-AIN   04/24/1987   Konami
Meikyujin Dababa   KDS-MIK   05/29/1987   Konami
Arumana no Kiseki   KDS-ARM   08/11/1987   Konami
Kick Challenger: Air Foot Yasai no Kuni no Ashisenshi   VAP-AFT   11/20/1987   Vap

Famicom System:
Complete with 2 dogbone controllers, av, and ac hookups.
*NOTE*  linky
Thats the system I have

Famicom Disk System:
Has the cord for the adapter but missing the ac unit.  Also runs on D batteries as another option.

Is $350 asking too much or too little?
Please get back to me on this.  Thank you very much!

EDIT: Fixed link.  --JC

thegreatgonzo

If you decided to sell anything seperately, let me know. I wouldn't mind owning a complete AV Famicom, and also interested in your Gimmick! cart...
Dance, puppets... dance!

manuel

You'll definitely get more if you sell the things separately.
If you're not unlucky you should be able to at least get 350$.

oakerland

I own the Japanese Famicon Game Clu Clu Land and was wondering how much it is worth. I went to a website by racketboy that said it was worth between $1000-$3200. Any help would be grateful.

JC

oakerland

oakerland

Here is the a clip from racketboys website. hidden gemscheapest gamesgame roomsrare & valuablegame artThe Rarest and Most Valuable NES Games

Considering how much of a nostalgic powerhouse the NES is, there should be little surprise that Nintendo's 8-bit library is filled with so many collectors pieces. And opposed to the Super Nintendo's rare and valuable list, the most desirable NES games are not necessarily the most popular games. Because of the unassuming nature of these titles, you may be unaware of the treasures that could be found in a local garage sale, flea market, or your own closet.

In stark contrast to the Cheapest Games series, this series by JJ Hendricks and racketboy will round up the rarest and most valuable games for a given console or handheld so you'll know what to look for whether you are buying or selling. JJ owns VideoGamePriceCharts.com writes a Video Game Pricing Blog which analyzes video game prices, pricing trends, and charts historic video game prices. He used his pricing statistics to find both the average selling price and the highest selling price for each game over the last two months.

Below you will see two prices beside each title. The first is the average daily selling price, which is typically the going rate for the cartridge by itself. The second price is the highest daily selling price of recent history. The list is ordered by the balance of the two prices. Note that some of these games are not rare in the sense that there are not many available, but rare relative to demand, which makes the games expensive. It is also worth nothing that we are not including prototype or one-of-a-kind cartridges.

Limited Edition Collectibles
1990 Nintendo World Championships: Gold Edition: $5,100 - $20,000
1990 Nintendo World Championships: Grey Cartridge: $4,000 - $6,100
Rarity =
In 1990, Nintendo famously held a gaming tournament in Los Angeles, California, not unlike the one in the finale of the cult classic film, The Wizard. While admittedly a mainstream competition (most of us could have won with no problem), the event was a high point in Nintendo's glamorous reign at the top of the gaming market, and is remembered by many with great enthusiasm. After its promotion in the popular Nintendo Power and through the Powerfest tour, kids everywhere practiced feverishly in hopes of heading to this event, seeing the wonder of light and sound, playing some Rad Racer, and winning it all.The actual game is a timed compilation of three titles, each adjusted for the tournament, and containing a unique scoring system. Players begin the challenge by completing the first world of Super Mario Bros., then must finish a quick lap in Rad Racer before taking off to Tetris where the remaining time runs out. The game then multiplies your Rad Racer and Tetris scores, adds all three results, and lets you know how well you did. It is hardly a real test of skill by today's standards, but the physical remains of the competitions is thousands of dollars worth of score-crunching fun.The 1990 Nintendo World Championships: Gold Edition was the contest prize in one of Nintendo Power's monthly promotions. One grand prize winner and twenty-five equally as fortunate runners-up were each sent a single copy (which makes 26 copies in the wild). The more common grey cartridges were the ones actually used in the tournaments and were then given to each of the finalists. The grey carts had a print run of 90 and has a monochromatic label and, like a lot of EPROM exposed prototypes, has a hole in its casing, but for displaying dipswitches.What gives these competition cartridges an incredible dynamic is that, while so few copies exist, they were distributed to winners throughout all of North America. Many rare/prototype games and systems with this low of a production, had their entire allotment sent to or found in a single localized area. Combine this with the fact that only about half of the cartridges have reportedly surfaced, so there are still more out there hidden in somebody's closet, garage sale, or flea market.Even though these are cartridge-only releases, condition can be a large factor. A grey cartridge surfaced this past week on eBay (and will be closing soon after this article is published) that has a torn label on the front. They are asking $6,000, but I would expect collectors to pay significantly less for that kind of damage. On a side note an official 1990 Nintendo World Championship Insider Guide recently sold for $114 on eBay. Looks like anything connected to the even is worth a nice chunk of change.
See Latest 1990 Nintendo World Championship Gold Cartridge on eBay
See Latest 1990 Nintendo World Championship Grey Cartridge on eBay

Coveted Unlicensed Games
The NES had a number of unlicensed titles that didn't receive the Nintendo Seal of Approval. Since most of them had a very limited release, it isn't a surprise that many are worth quite a bit.

Myriad 6 in 1: $700 - $2,900
6-in-1 (Caltron): $525 - $2080
Rarity =

The 6-in-1 Myriad cart and its sibling, the Caltron 6-in-1 have become some of the more standout collector's items on the Nintendo Entertainment System. As the name suggests, they are a collection of 6 games, which are about as good as you'd expect from an independent, unlicensed title.While the games themselves was released many times, these actual carts were released twice, the other time from Caltron, who reportedly went bankrupt during it's production. Myriad Games would later acquire the leftover carts, shipping them out in a new box, and with a numbered label for the price of $69.That sum might have seemed steep then, but it would be a steal for that today. While it might be slightly outdated information, a Digital Press posting lists #888 is the highest number found, so it's unlikely that more than a thousand exist. The original Caltron 6-in-1 release is about equally as hard to find, but generally commands a tad less than the Myriad.Look for Myriad 6 in 1 on eBa
See Latest Caltron 6-in-1 on eBay
Bubble Bath Babes: $900 - $1,275
Peek A Boo Poker: $705 - $1,352
Hot Slots: $605 - $1,352 Rarity =
The games from adult publisher, Panesian, obviously didn't meet Nintendo's strict content guidelines. And even without the whole Seal of Approval business, the chances of your average retailer carrying the games would be pretty slim. So what was Panesian (the publisher) to do? Ship it only to video stores as a mail-order release. I'm not sure it can be said how many copies are out there, but it is presumably less a thousand.It is very easy to imagine, even with the game's immense rarity, that you could walk into a flea market, thrift shop or video store and discover one of these games hidden away for a dollar. Why is that? The game wasn't packaged in the cardboard box typical of most NES releases, but rather in a VHS-esque movie case. The copies still left unclaimed for are most likely shoved in with regular old movies rather than games, meaning there are plenty of unsearched places to look for it.Bubble Bath Babes is a puzzle game featuring an 8-bit rendered, unclothed female at the bottom of the screen. Peek A Boo Poker and Hot Slots are your standard poker and slot machine games with extra "character" so to speak.Judging from the cover art, I think we all have an idea of what kind of video store might still contain it...but a grail is a grail, and this one goes for over half a grand, so don't hesitate to uncover a copy for yourself (or for eBay).The prices for each of these games seems to be skyrocketing over the last few years. Just a few years ago, you could find these pop up on eBay for $500 or less. Since then they have nearly doubled in price if recent successful eBay auctions are any indication. I have not seen a completed auction of Bubble Bath Babes in a while, but that is not surprising as it is considered the rarest and most valuable of the trio. Considering the recent prices of both Peek A Boo Poker and Hot Slots, one could come to the conclusion that a complete copy of Bubble Bath Babes could raise more than $1400.

If you want to get a landmark NES collection off to a good start, here are all three in one auction.

Check for Bubble Bath Babes on eBay
Check for Peek A Boo Poker on eBay
Check for Hot Slots on eBay

Cheetahman II: $400 - $503
Rarity =
Thinking back to the early 1990s, you can probably easily recall how incredibly popular the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were (at least in the US). The Cheetahman franchise was a relatively bizzare attempt to capitalize on the idea of humanoid animal action heroes. (I guess those at Active Enterprises thought it sounded like a good idea). In addition to the unlicensed Nintendo games, the publisher actually had high hopes of cashing in with action figures, t-shirts, a cartoon TV show before the word spread of the the series' lack of quality.Despite the franchise's lackluster performance a second installment of Cheetahmen was completed, although not officially released. Eventually, but 1997 all of the reported 1,500 copies of the game left their warehouse and were sold to the public. However, once people actually played the game, they realized there was more to its cancellation than it's namesake. To this day it is known as one of the most unplayable games of all time.Check for Cheetahmen II on eBay

Treasured Standard USA Releases
Stadium Events: $275 - $1,000
Rarity =
What makes this otherwise standard game so rare, is that just after its release, it was recalled. As an official third party title, Stadium Events made use of an accessory called the Family Fun Fitness Pad. It required the player(s) to run or step rapidly in order to complete each event. Upon its release, Nintendo decided to grant the game a first party production, recalling the scant initial cartridges that had been sent out.The game would later become "World Class Track Meet" and would be played with Nintendo's own controller the "Power Pad". Both became very common and were boxed-in with many NES consoles. But Stadium Events, the original anomaly, had snuck out in ever so limited numbers. 2000 copies is believed to have been the total distribution tally, but doesn't consider how many of those were sold prior to Nintendo's recall. Some have suggested that no more than 200 actually made it into NES owners' homes.
Check for Stadium Events on eBay
Bubble Bobble Part 2: $56 - $163
Rarity =
If you're an old-school gaming fan, it is hard not to love the Bubble Bobble franchise. The original is a common mainstay in the NES library, but Bubble Bobble Part 2 was released in 1993 which was very late in the NES's life span. Two years after the SNES was released actually. Because of this the game never sold very well and became very rare.
Check for Bubble Bobble Part 2 on eBay
Little Samson: $55 - $150
Rarity =
Little Samson is a gem of a platformer developed by Taito to try and mimic the huge success of other platforming games on the NES. Even though it did a good job in terms of graphics and gameplay, it didn't quite have the marketing power to prevent it from selling poorly. Now that NES fans are delving back into the large library looking for Hidden Gems, Little Samson has risen in value.
Check for Little Samson on eBay
California Raisins: $45 - $1,000
Rarity =
California Raisins was developed by Capcom but was never released commercially. The game was largely completed in 1991, but due to the diminishing fame of the claymation namesakes, it was never sold in stores and led to it becoming a rare treasure to collectors. You can find cartidges on eBay every now and then, but complete copies are elusive and have been known to fetch around $1,000
Check for California Raisins on eBay
Dragon Warrior IV: $45 - $128
Rarity =
Dragon Warrior IV is the final NES installment of the popular Enix RPG series. The game was another classic case of a game coming out too late in the NES's life to sell very well. The game received much critical praise when it was released. As a matter of fact, Nintendo Power rated it the 2nd best game of the year. The best sale of recent history was this complete and pristine copy that went for nearly $130. Keep in mind, that isn't sealed -- a sealed copy would go for far more - especially since it is part of such a popular franchise.
Check for Dragon Warrior IV on eBay
Snow Brothers: $49 - $80
Rarity =
Snow Brothers is an arcade port that is very similar to Bubble Bobble in terms of style. The game did not sell very well despite its solid gameplay. In fact, Ocean had licensed the game for the Amiga and Atari ST but canceled the games part way through development because of perceived bad sales.
Check for Snow Brothers on eBay
Fire 'N Ice: $45 - $153
Rarity =
Fire N Ice is the sequel to the NES favorite, Solomon's Key (and is called Solomon's Key 2 in Europe and Japan). Like many rare NES games, it was released in after the NES lost popularity and did not sell well. The name change in the US probably didn't help any either. However, once again, releasing an NES game in 1993 was a recipe for creating a collector's item.
Check for Fire N Ice on eBay
Duck Tales 2: $37 - $130
Rarity =
Duck Tales 2 is the sequel to the original Duck Tales game on the NES and is, of course, based on the Disney TV series that many of us grew up with. The single biggest determinant in the game being hard to find now and a collector's item, it was released in 1993. I wish I was still buying NES games back in 1993 instead of moving onto the SNES and Genesis.
Check for Duck Tales 2 on eBay
The Flintstones: The Surprise at Dinosaur Peak: $75 - $250
Rarity =
As the NES era drew to a close, publishers like Taito released many of their games exclusively to game rental companies while bypassing the traditional retail market. The Flintstones II is the best example of this in the US, but is a bit easier to find in Europe. Of course, since it was primarily a rental game, finding a complete copy in good condition is especially challenging.
Check for Flintstones: The Surprise at Dinosaur Peak on eBay
Stack Up (Complete): $160 - $248
Rarity =
Remember R.O.B. The Robot? Gyromite may be the most popular game to play with the NES's early companion, but Stack Up was yet another option for our friend. I'm putting this on the bottom of the list because the game itself isn't very rare (can be found for about $15), but it is very hard to find in complete condition due to all the pieces that were included.
Check for Stack Up on eBay

The Rarest Japanese Famicom Games
I don't have a ton of information or pictures from the wonderful world of Famicom games, but here are the most treasured Famicom and Famicom Disk games via this thread at Famicom World. Most of these were issued as prizes for game competitions. The values are primarily from Japanese transactions on Yahoo! Auctions. If you would like more information and pictures of some of these check out this article.

•Kinnikuman Muscle Tag Match Golden Tag Cartridge (8 Made) $7328 - $9770
•Rockman 4 Gold Cartridge (8 Made) $5370 - $5765
•Uranoid Ii (300 Made) - $4885
•Obake No Q Tarou Wan Wan Panic Present Version (100 Made) $1759 - $3900
•Meimon ! Daisan Yakyuubu Gold Cartridge: $2440
The Rarest Japanese Famicom Disk Games
•Wakusei Aton Gaiden Kokuzeikyou $290 - $1,000
•Clu Clu Land $1,000 - $3,200
•Gold Disk (Japan Course) + Plate (100 Made)
•Alien II
•Zelda No Densetsu Charumera Version : $1000
•All Night Nippon Super Mario Bros (3000 Made) $830 - $1280

JC

Someone pointed to that article before. There's no Clu Clu worth that much. There's one that sells in the mid-hundreds of dollars, tho. Not sure about that one exactly. ckenda1 knows, I'm sure.

manuel

Thanks for the massive info, but next time please condensate what you want to post to the most important parts and maybe put up a link.

cosmic-ark

Does anyone know about this controller http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Sega-Saturn-PS2-Controller-Brand-New-Playstation-2_W0QQitemZ320390153049QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Video_Game_Accessories?hash=item4a98bdc359&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A1%7C66%3A4%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A200 and how much would this be worth?

manuel

They seem to be rare now. The original price was 2394 Yen, about 24$. If you need to have it, even in Japan you'd have to shell out over 100$ for sure, but in the end it's only a controller. IMO it's not worth spending 200$ on a simple controller.

itsme!!

I was searching through my closets and found Obake No Q Tarou Wan Wan Panic Present Version(Gold Cart) and Clu Clu Land(Cart).  Are they worth any money???? thanks ;D

nintendodork

Clu Clu Land isn't worth much, but looking at the guide a couple posts above, I'd say Chubby Cherub is rare, but that guide is highly overpriced, so I don't have an exact number/estimate.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

JC

Quote from: itsme!! on July 13, 2009, 10:08:25 am
I was searching through my closets and found Obake No Q Tarou Wan Wan Panic Present Version(Gold Cart) and Clu Clu Land(Cart).  Are they worth any money???? thanks ;D

Clu Clu Land, not at all. Obake no Qtarou, maybe. If the main character is gold in color, then I'd say it would be worth more than the regular version, which has a white main character, I think.

crade

Hey, I have been looking for Mahjong Taikai and have been having trouble finding a decent copy.  Is this game relatively rare, or do I just not know what to search for?  Any ideas how much would I should expect to pay for a complete copy?
GRRR!