RF To AV Analog USB TV Receiver Converter -Can this work with FC?-

Started by Two_Beers, April 08, 2016, 10:22:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Two_Beers

Hey guys,

yesterday I recieved my first Famicom and tried to get it work with an original NES PAL RF-cable on my German TV... I was searching for the right channel and...
there`s a picture...actually pretty clear. But there`s no sound, even no strange noise...
I think the problem is the compatibility of the antenna-input of my TV(PAL) and the NTSC Signal from the Famicom.

I don`t want to make an AV-mod by now, so I searched for an alternative solution and found this:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/RF-To-AV-Analog-USB-TV-Receiver-Converter-Modulator-Adapter-Video-Cable-EU-US-/141820418114?var=&hash=item210527d842:m:mPE8gdxfrFKXW_TvDAMs9QA

Is there anybody, who can tell me, if this can work to get the RF signal to the AV-Input of my TV? Anybody who tried this or an other way to get the RF signal to a modern TV without modding the console?

Thanks for your help

crolyss

Hi,

I just recently bought a box like this one off ebay, and it works for me.  :mario:
I bought this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/321895786489?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It connects to a VGA monitor port and tunes in the same as a normal tv would, with its own type of menu system.
Here it is with the RF switch connected.

More or less looks like this, with a bit more interferance sometimes, I think i need a better RF cable...  :blinky:

jpx72

Quote from: Two_Beers on April 08, 2016, 10:22:44 am
I think the problem is the compatibility of the antenna-input of my TV(PAL) and the NTSC Signal from the Famicom.

Exactly.

Your option is to take the audio from your Famicom directly (from pin 46 on the cartridge connector). So only simple cable soldered on one spot inside famicom (and of course second one for the Ground). If you make them thin enough, you can pull them out without drilling a hole to the pastic.

NintendoKing

That's a solid device, and now I totally wish to buy one for my other RF consoles.