[HELP] Famicom HVC-001 power

Started by jiujitsero, April 19, 2016, 12:00:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jiujitsero

April 19, 2016, 12:00:20 pm Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 08:50:50 pm by jiujitsero
Hello guys,

After several months of reading every single post regarding famicom repairing and further in the forum...  :mario:

:link: .. I've decided to move things forward...

This is the long story short:

Some months ago I've connected a new DC power supply to my famicom. I didn't realize that polarity was inverted so my famicom never turned on again.

I've orderer from ebay a set of 7805 and fuses (1.5 A). Afterwards, 7805 started to show me 4V in my MM regardless of the power switch status. I got that 4V just plugging the new DC power supply with the proper polarity. The thing is that 7805 got super, super hot. I've decided then to change the fuse again, and afterwards, 7805 stopped to get hot, but out voltage were 1.2V. Super weird.

I was wondering if I have to give a try changing the 1000uf capacitor too. It doesn't seem to be broken or similar.

Anyway, I would like to know also if there is any trick to know if the power is ON or OFF without using the MM.

I can post pics of my board if necessary. My soldering skills are pretty bad so perhaps I have some kind of short circuit or something, but, believe me, I don't know what else I can do with this matter.

Thanks
J

Post Merge: April 19, 2016, 06:55:15 pm

Double post.

A pic from the upper PCB. I'm suspecting about some kind of short circuit between soldering points or similar.

Post Merge: April 21, 2016, 08:50:49 pm

Solved! After several workarounds, I found a way to have a incredible RF signal and a working Famicom :)