General Famicom Questions

Started by Kreese, August 05, 2007, 01:56:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MarioMan1983

Alrighty.
That doesn't sound too bad.
Thanx for the help everyone.
Mario has a mustache therefore, he is a man.
Luigi has a somewhat smaller mustache, he is less of a man.
I have a bigger mustache than both of them.

"People who put anonymous after a quote are lazy people who wont look something up" - anonymous

JC

I recommend the step-down shown on that FW webpage with the web address listed. It works great so long as you don't overload it like I did and blow the fuse (but it comes with two extra fuses!). I think is costs about $25 shipped, iirc.

133MHz

I use a Sony cordless phone AC adapter (9VDC 500mA neg. tip) for my NES and it works great. The original adapter got trashed by the previous owner plugging it into 220V when it was a 110V model. Also my SNES uses a generic adapter (rated at 10VDC 850mA) and never had a problem in years.

nintendodork

June 26, 2009, 03:11:14 pm #33 Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 04:46:53 pm by nintendodork
Didn't wanna make a new thread for this, so I'll ask it here.

Since the NES 2 can universally play all NES games, could I play PAL NES games with a converter in my Famicom?  I just found out that a game I played ALL THE TIME as a toddler on my Game Boy came out on the NES, but only in Europe.

EDIT* Sorry for the bad quality, but I don't have my camera right now.  I looked through my Game Boy games, and I found it.

The Smurfs!

EDIT 2* I forgot how great the music in this game was!  The NES version sounds cool, too.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

133MHz

Yes, you can play PAL NES games on your Famicom with a converter, since the Famicom has no lockout chip.
You're still subject to region incompatibilities, but fortunately those are the minority among PAL games.

nintendodork

I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

133MHz

A few PAL games display graphical glitches or won't run at all when played on an NTSC NES due to the hardware differences (Elite comes to mind). Fortunately the vast majority of games run fine.

Chinson

Does anyone have a link to the video of famitsu's top 100 famicom games?

b1aCkDeA7h

I use an old Radio Shack SNES adapter for my AV Famicom.  Has the 10V DC, interchangeable tips, and the ability to change tip polarity (since, like Nintendo are the only people I've ever seen use negative tip polarity).

I even solved the short cord syndrome with japanese dogbones with a FourScore.

I wish I knew how to mod it to use Zappers though.