Wanderer's Buy/Sell/Trade thread (UPDATED 24/05/16)

Started by Wanderer, April 02, 2016, 08:45:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankWDoom

probably $30 or so. donors for that are available and cheap.

fcgamer

Quote from: aitsu124 on May 10, 2016, 12:05:56 pm
Looks like a pirate to me, for a couple different reasons:

1. It's all in English. The official Zelda 1 cart (though it was Japanese, not Korean) was the NES version, but had Japanese inserted into it.

2. It has TTLP's logo on it, and the "II" looks out of place.

Most likely, someone imported an NES version of Zelda 2 and a SNES version of TTLP (as it was called Triforce of The Gods in Japan), used a printer or something to copy the logo and all the extra text onto the box, and somehow converted 72 pins to 60 without using a converter. I'm not sure if the last part is even possible, but it seems to be the most likely explanation.

Inside uses official ROM chips though, from what I have heard.  Then again, I've seen bootleg games on seemingly official PCBs, so I think sometimes the same factories were making both reals and fakes.
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

P

Quote from: aitsu124 on May 10, 2016, 12:05:56 pm
Looks like a pirate to me, for a couple different reasons:

1. It's all in English. The official Zelda 1 cart (though it was Japanese, not Korean) was the NES version, but had Japanese inserted into it.

2. It has TTLP's logo on it, and the "II" looks out of place.

I don't see why it should have Japanese text if it was really an official Korean version. Korean or English yes, but Japanese no.

aitsu124

May 12, 2016, 06:13:19 am #18 Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 07:09:08 am by aitsu124
Quote from: P on May 12, 2016, 12:23:10 am

I don't see why it should have Japanese text if it was really an official Korean version. Korean or English yes, but Japanese no.

I mean that since the Japanese Zelda 1 cart had Japanese, the Korean Zelda 2 cart should have Korean. If, that is, it was official, and like I've said, there's a few reasons why I think it's not.

Quote from: fcgamer on May 11, 2016, 07:55:21 pm

Inside uses official ROM chips though, from what I have heard.  Then again, I've seen bootleg games on seemingly official PCBs, so I think sometimes the same factories were making both reals and fakes.

It seems very unlikely for Nintendo to import North American games and use them in Korean cartridges.
Increasing source of obscure Japanese information...and interface.

Alter Egotist

are any or all of these still available?

Mario 16, Mario 14, Kung Fu Mario, Super Mario World 9 LOOSE £6.00

Al.
Now buying/trading to get sealed NES games. Send me a PM :)

Wanderer

I still have them, they're all on the same cart. I've sent you a PM  :)

Wanderer

Great Hierophant

I am inclined to believe that this is a pirate release, and a pretty brazen one at that. 

First, we have a cart label that takes the exact design of the Zelda 1 cart label, down to the inaccurate copyright date and product code.  Nintendo would not have left something leave the factory like that.  Given that the artwork is on one side of the Zelda 1 label, it would have been easy to past something over it. 

Second, I have seen carts with the proper Nintendo shell and the typical pirate shell.  This suggests a pirate outfit using whatever they could find. 

Third, the manual has Hyundai on it.  We know that Hyundai distributed Nintendo products in Korea.  But Hyundai distributed the Comboy, which was a 72-pin system.  It was not known to distribute Famicom systems or cartridges.  It is known that Hyundai did release both Zelda games in Korea, so the manual could have come from a legitimate Korean Comboy Zelda II or was copied from one.

Fourth, the Link to the Past label and art is very suspicious. 

Fifth, the back label is unlike any Nintendo label and looks cheap.  Nintendo always did their own labels for the Korean Comboy cartridges, why should it have done different here?

Check out my retro gaming and computing blog : http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/