Bomberman 97 Unlicensed

Started by Retrospectives, June 01, 2016, 12:12:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

P

Yes good job and thank you! I will have to play it later!

famiac

September 01, 2018, 11:01:22 am #16 Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 04:58:05 am by famiac
No worries  :)

MrNorbert

Speaking of bugfixes...
Every single Super Game game doesn't work on the Famicom's Expansion Controller, because the controller doesn't read from a loop.
Might I ask you guys if you can do a revision in the bugfixed versions of the game ?

NewRisingSun

September 03, 2018, 08:56:15 am #18 Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 09:08:38 am by NewRisingSun
Quote from: MrNorbertbecause the controller doesn't read from a loop.
I have no idea what that means.

As for the request itself, it's not exactly a bugfix, more like adding a feature that the games did not have before. You might as well ask me to improve the graphics or enhance the sound.

Retrospectives

Quote from: NewRisingSun on September 03, 2018, 08:56:15 am
Quote from: MrNorbertbecause the controller doesn't read from a loop.
I have no idea what that means.

He means that the FC EXT port isn't recognizing the game and therefore he cannot use the external controller. Same goes for many other things that were not produced directly for official Famicom but rather Famiclones, such as multicart menus and such thing that many doesn't recognize the external port of the original Famicom.

No idea if this support external pinout of some Famiclones but if it does then is because the Famiclone EXT port is wired up differently (which is the case in most famiclones vs original Famicom). With that said, I wouldn't bother debug one game just to get access to external controller but rather is better building a transformer adapter, if even that would help.

NewRisingSun

I think many (most?) Famiclones used Atari-style controller ports.

Most licensed NES (i.e. Western) games did not recognize a Famicom-style expansion port controller, naturally. But some (A Boy and His Blob) did not even add that recognition to their Japanese release, which must have frustrated Japanese players quite a bit.

Retrospectives

Actually the vast majority of earlier Famiclone systems that did not have hardwired controllers used the exact controller ports as the original Famicom 15 pin ext port. Of course with different pin assignment. Later Famiclones, if we talk after around year 2000 like the Neo Fami here in Japan using the Atari type of ports.  :D

famiac

Yeah, i don't think the game is getting any "official updates." The original "fix" was done so gamers can actually see the ending and experience the content that was already programmed by the creators.

Of course, other ROM hackers are free to do whatever they want. I don't care.

Also, the download post was recently updated with the original rom for the multicart

NewRisingSun

I am not sure if it was mentioned elsewhere, but the particular version of The Lion King on that 2-in-1 multicart has an additional bug not found in the original single-cartridge release: if you need too much time to defeat the first boss, the game never proceeds to the second level once you have defeated him. Whoever put that multicart together actually managed to insert an additional bug that was not there before. Just try it for yourself.

The [f Bugfixes] version of the multicart ROM image therefore not only fixes Bomber Boy's bugs as described in Notes.txt, but also that additional bug in The Lion King.

Retrospectives

Thanks for noticing the bug and that you made something about it. Most impressive work for me was not the debug though, but the mapper hack itself.  8) Mad skills ahaha.

umjammercammy

Incredibly weird backport of Bomberman '94. That chasing AI the enemies all have is the stuff of nightmares.  :o

Bramsworth

Whoa, what? A new FC bootleg from the past and not some crappy modern thing? Didn't think another one would ever be found. Glad this got dumped! Makes you wonder how many other multicart-only things could still be out there.