April 23, 2024, 06:28:40 am

Mini NES

Started by Raverrevolution, July 14, 2016, 05:51:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Yelir

Quote from: satoshi_matrix on May 15, 2017, 01:25:29 pm
I managed to snag a Famicom Mini console for $100. The only thing that bothers me with it is those dang short controller cables.

I've looked up solutions I'm not really pleased with - people replacing the built-in ones with Classic Controllers. What I want to do is simply lengthen the controller cables for the stock controllers.

I wonder if I could get away with splicing a USB cable on both ends? USB is four wires, and so is the Famicom Mini controller standard.

Anyone have feedback or suggestions?

What is your opinion on the Famicom Mini stock controllers? I have huge hands, not sure if these would be very comfortable...

Pikkon

May 15, 2017, 05:49:21 pm #61 Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 05:55:14 pm by Pikkon
I would just replace the entire cord so you could always change it back to stock if needed.

A usb cable should work or if you have any junk controllers you could use that as well.

satoshi_matrix

Quote from: Yelir on May 15, 2017, 05:49:02 pm

What is your opinion on the Famicom Mini stock controllers? I have huge hands, not sure if these would be very comfortable...
[/quote]

They're miniture, but entirely usable, like the GBA SP controls. It feels rather gimmicky but eh, that's okay.

FAMICOM_87

here is pictures of NES mini clone :) NOAC inside  ;D
http://sv.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=f0zspx&s=9