I had/have testicular cancer

Started by Protoman, October 09, 2016, 07:22:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Protoman

Last monday I was supposed to go to Japan to study for a year but that's been cancelled now, looking at another 6-9 months in my home country beforeI can go for real. Too bad as all the arrangements were done, school, apartment, student loans, plane ticket etc.

I discovered a lump myself the tuesday before that turned out to be a tumor, removed it on friday and I'm recovering now. At my friends place where I'm living on his couch now because I had my living arrangments fixed too. The x-rays showed no spreading though so it's likely all good, but might have to do a bit of chemo if the tumor comes back malignant, just to be sure.

Not sure what I'm aiming at with this post, but I just need to vent a little I guess.

MaxXimus

I'm extremely sad to hear about this. I hope that things make a quick turn for the better for you.

I had a scare like this about 7 years ago. It turns out I have a genetic condition that can cause cysts to form on my testicles. It never turned out to be cancer but it really freaked me out.

Take care bud and make sure you look out for yourself right now!

From all the staff and members of FW, I wish you the best.

BaconBitsKing

I'm sorry to hear about this. I hope everything works out.

I will keep you in my thoughts.

fcgamer

I'm also really, really sorry to hear about this.  When I first saw the topic, last night, the first words to go through my head were literally "Oh fuck!  Shit!!"  I held off in posting until today, as there are honestly no words to properly say what everyone here is probably thinking at the moment.

I'm really sorry to hear about this misfortune, and I just feel really horrible as well.  I cannot imagine how it must feel, the combination of frustration and disappointment about your Japan trip, combined with now being stranded in Sweden on your friend's couch, due to tying things up for the Japan trip.  And that is before we even think about the health situation.  All in all, it is a really lousy situation, and I would never wish it upon anyone.  :(

From what you mentioned in the original post, it seems as though you caught things early enough as to have nipped it in the bud.  Is this correct?  Did the doctors have any idea as to how you got this sort of cancer?  My mother had cancer (and chemo) about a year or two ago, and it was honestly one of the roughest periods of my life, being a world away from her and seeing her (via skype) becoming weak and helpless due to the chemo.  Luckily she was able to become a survivor. 

Look:  If you want to chat about anything, or vent about anything, please just shoot me a PM at anytime.  Even if you got everything taken care of, cancer wise, I am sure there will be a lot of frustrations due to the whole situation as a whole.  If this happened to me, I know I would be feeling bitter and upset by the ordeal.

So I hope things turn out for the best, and please let us know any updates, as everyone here at FW cares about you and is hoping for the best.  And if you want to chat, please just let me know!

Best regards. 
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

Arkanix38

I hope you have an absolutely amazing time in Japan to make up for it man!

P

Aw I'm also very sorry to hear this, that's some really bad timing! But the good thing is that you discovered it before going to Japan or it might had been even worse.
I hope you health is well and yeah I also hope you'll have a really good time in Japan when you go there to make up for this.

tonev

I hope that you are going to be ok and that your "gun" will be ok and that you will keep shooting without any problems  :D
I am back everyone :)

chowder

Oh wow, I'm sorry to hear that.  All the best buddy, hopefully your recovery goes well and you can get back to living your plans soon :)

UglyJoe

That sucks, man.  Good to hear there is no spreading.  I hope things turn up "all good", as you say.

Retrospectives

Had a mother passing by in a lung cancer...Feel you brother. Sorry to hear that. At least testicular cancer is quite "common" in males and has much better predictions than lung cancer, if that is some kind of....well, consolation. Japan will be here, where it always been, and we are waiting for you to come here.

Just wanted to chip in and say that if you ever make it to Japan, please feel free to shoot me a PM and let's hook up. Best regards - Leo

MaxXimus

I've been having pains lately the last few months. Still no sign of cancer and no indication of torsion or anything else. Truth be told, they don't know what's causing the pain, but it hurts quite a bit at times; as though "they" are being squeezed or stomped on. A month ago I was on the ground clutching them as I held back tears.

We're all mortal here. I realize it every day, more and more about how limited this whole experience we call life is.