Zelda FDS Translation?

Started by Jaek_3, October 24, 2016, 09:48:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Great Hierophant

Quote from: P on June 05, 2020, 11:07:00 pmit a retranslation, just insertion of the NES text into the FDS version?
If it's a proper retranslation I wonder how they solved the word-puzzle. The NES version simply ignored it and spoiled the hint right away.

They say they fixed a bug of missing hearts and statues. But I think this is a bad dump that is floating around on the internet. Maybe they hacked that version.

The Zelda 2 retranslation just reinserts the text from the NES version.  The No-intro dumps that people swear by are somewhat lacking for this game because they didn't clean the files properly.  So when you start a "new game" you will find all the items, heart containers and magic jars already taken because they did not reset that information when they cleaned the files.  Fortunately the game can clean the files with its own file creation and deletion utility.  Just make three characters and delete them and the game will write truly clean save files to the slots.
Check out my retro gaming and computing blog : http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/

P

Ah yes now I remember. So it's not a bad dump but they probably tried to delete the files manually instead of using the in-game tool.

Disappointing that they reinserted the text from the NES version. It's not even correct for the FDS version. For example the "IF ALL ELSE FAILS, USE FIRE" is a NES-only phrase. The fire spell has no special properties in the FDS version AFAIK, and Zora and Tektites can be defeated with the sword.

Ashura Mage

Quote from: P on June 07, 2020, 01:37:18 amAh yes now I remember. So it's not a bad dump but they probably tried to delete the files manually instead of using the in-game tool.

Disappointing that they reinserted the text from the NES version. It's not even correct for the FDS version. For example the "IF ALL ELSE FAILS, USE FIRE" is a NES-only phrase. The fire spell has no special properties in the FDS version AFAIK, and Zora and Tektites can be defeated with the sword.

Wow, that sucks
i dislike metroid 1