The history of Sunsoft [magazines]

Started by Gazimaluke, October 30, 2016, 01:46:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scaryice

Triple Dash

Ending Part 5 just before you get to Gimmick! huh? I guess you gotta keep the audience wanting more after all.  ;D

Great work as always.

Gazimaluke

Quote from: Triple Dash on February 18, 2018, 09:40:44 am
Ending Part 5 just before you get to Gimmick! huh? I guess you gotta keep the audience wanting more after all.  ;D

Great work as always.

Haha. There is to much in 1992. It needs a part for itself. Gimmick, Trip World(I have interviewed the creators of both games). The Looney Tunes deal and more :)

Retrospectives

Quote from: Gazimaluke on June 19, 2018, 01:47:46 pm
Part 6 is finaly done :)
http://www.vgarc.org/vgarc-originals/the-history-of-sunsoft-part-vi-the-golden-age-part-4/

Congratulations, when you will release Part 7 (The one where you and OWE are dancing naked to the Moon-stage music of DuckTales outside Bergsala) ??? Just kidding, gongratulations for a great job and big achievement, I am very very impressed.  :D / Pocari

daskrabs

Great job as always. Thanks for all your hard work on Gimmick, one of the best games ever.

Triple Dash

Was waiting for this part for a while. Thanks for the awesome update.

Eccles

Great work.

I was excited for this after the discussion with the Sunsoft developer.

nensondubois

Really amazing work on those articles and contacting all those people that made some of the best games. I don't know if the work, time and passion that went into that article or the games is more impressive.  :star:

I will say two things that are really unfortunate. Sunsoft should have signed the Batman lisence again as opposed to Looney Tunes. In my opinion that was a costly mistake. The marketing team didn't allow Gimmick to be released as well as other games in the US, which was really just a terrible decision.

Kodaka really was passionate and so was Hara who sadly died at 25. He will be missed.

P

These articles now returns 404, I was in the middle of reading them! Anyone know where they went?
If I knew they'd be up for such a short time I'd saved them for later.

UglyJoe

You can still use Google cache to read them.  You might want to save them, though, as the cache usually expires after a week or so.

P

MWK

P

Here you go. It includes some interview pages that might be unreleated (and some are still viewable without Google cache).
Link will expire in 30 days.

Gazimaluke

Hello everyone. Time for a update. So, I took the old articles down. Mainly because they kept getting out of date.
At this point I have interviewed 51 people about different games and Sunsoft related stuff.

My main channel to get the information out is a series of magazines. The first issue is almost done and will cover the first 16 arcade games that Sun made between 1978 and 1985.

I have written a couple of articles the past years too.
The making or Blaster Master 2
The making of The Wing of Madoola
The lost Sunsoft games
Sunsoft's The Terminator - Development history