Mega Ari - Homebrew

Started by poodude, December 03, 2016, 08:16:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

poodude

December 03, 2016, 08:16:19 pm Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 08:22:49 pm by poodude
Has anyone played Mega Ari on the famicom? It's a homebrew by the same guy that made the Bad Apple rom. I searched but haven't found anything on it. I'm playing it on my everdrive and its super addicting. Its a megaman hack with lasers and an awesome soundtrack. There are satanic symbols, and swastika lasers. Give it a try! http://www.geocities.jp/littlimi/fc.htm

I just beat the game:
Press Select + Start to activate Extra Mode

Ghegs

I just love Japanese Geocities pages. It's like looking through a time portal into the late 90's.

Hadn't heard of Bad Apple before, that was pretty cool. I'd like to see more of that sort on the FC.

Didn't bother with Mega Ari, I initially thought it'd be a larger game but after glancing at a Youtube vid I found it's just the Quick Man stage from MM2 but even more annoying. I'll pass on that.

P

The Bad Apple movie is like a challange for homebrewers to make it work on old systems that aren't really designed to be able to do things like this. There is one made for Atari 2600, Famicom, Game Boy, Sega Master System, Sega Megadrive, Super Famicom (I've seen two, one using MSU-1 and one without it) and even one for TI-83/84 calculators with sound (using the 2.5 mm teleplug I/O port as a speaker port, I've tried it myself).

I tried some Mega Ari, it's a Rockman 2 hack whith Touhou characters and where you are only dodging those large beams found at a certain part in Rockman 2. It requires very exact timing. I got pretty far (I think) but it gets really hard.