Machine power to play games

Started by Donnaphan, November 28, 2016, 12:39:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnaphan

Good day All,

I ma very curious about Famicom machines and the fake ones - reason being is i noticed how the fake ones run on a lower Voltage and Amps - but the origional is closer to 1A and 9 V (Fake is 0,5A)

Now i cant seem to run all my games on the fake machines and was wondering if this has anything to do with power or Ram?

HVC-Man

Famiclones run on less voltage and power because they are more power efficient and are far more consolidated. Whether a famiclone plays certain games comes down to functional compatibility. The NES/FC is extremely flexible with a lot of signals on its cartridge slot. If some signals are missing, then some games won't work.

Donnaphan

So its not always a power or ram issue then... wow i have my work cut out for me lol.
The reason i was so sure is that the smaller games that have 52 in 1 run well but as soon as I place a heavy cart like star wars or any single type game - it wont load or loads a very bad looking screen

Post Merge: November 29, 2016, 02:51:33 am

As well to note - i am only playing Famicom carts or the clones not NES or with the NES adaptor - not sure if that means anything